Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: 5 Bold Predictions for Huskers in 2012

  1. #1
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Posts
    69

    5 Bold Predictions for Huskers in 2012

    So if you had to make some BOLD predictions about Nebraska for the 2012 season, what would they be?
    I was asked to write an article stating five BOLD predictions for the Huskers in 2012. Check out my list and see if it is different from yours...

    5 Bold Predictions for Huskers in 2012

    @HuskerMagic

  2. #2
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    2,429
    We will win our division.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.

  3. #3
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    44,694
    Our starting QB will be awesome by the end of the season.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

  4. #4
    Scout Team
    HZKRFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE: Husker Ground Zero!
    Posts
    4,347
    Homecoming will be a blowout Victory!


  5. #5
    Red Shirt
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oregon Coast
    Posts
    1,322
    I'll see your 5 and raise you one:

    NU will have the most favorable turnover margin in the conference.

    Bank it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

  6. #6
    Founding Father
    Cyberbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Beatrice Nebraska
    Posts
    5,470
    Westerkamp will make Offensive Player of the Week


  7. #7
    Recruit Twelve String's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cabin Down Below
    Posts
    646
    Bo will take an officiating crew out to Misty's for dinner.

  8. #8
    Starter
    wcbsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,099
    1. BCS Bowl - Yes; 11-1 record - Not sure
    2. Rex wins Heisman - No; Rex gets invited to New York - Yes
    3. Defense becomes dominating - Yes
    4. NU beats UW by 25 points - Yes; I think UW gets a rude awakening as they will not be tested until NU game
    5. Fans fall in love to T-Magic - Yes
    The life you lead is the life you teach!

  9. #9
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manhattan, Ks
    Posts
    1,321
    T magic goes to New York with Red.

  10. #10
    Junior Varsity
    BubbaGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Floribama
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by wcbsas View Post
    1. BCS Bowl - Yes; 11-1 record - Not sure
    2. Rex wins Heisman - No; Rex gets invited to New York - Yes
    3. Defense becomes dominating - Yes
    4. NU beats UW by 25 points - Yes; I think UW gets a rude awakening as they will not be tested until NU game
    5. Fans fall in love to T-Magic - Yes
    This was for last year too! I particularly remember the untested UW discourse. That turned out to be true but well after they played NU.

    I'll add:

    6) Tim Beck calls a complete game without confusion and boneheadedness.

  11. #11
    Starter
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    13,851
    1) Jamal Turner averages over 20 yards per catch
    2) TM completes over 59.5% of his passes
    3) Maher makes longest FG in Husker history
    4) Steinkuhler is first team All-BIG
    5) Rex averages 5.1 YPG

  12. #12
    All Legend
    utsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,611
    1. BCS Bowl - No...ummm...make that hell no
    2. Rex wins Heisman - The team isn't good enough to get Rex a trophy
    3. Defense becomes dominating - Not against the big boys
    4. NU beats UW by 25 points - How about we just pray for a win instead
    5. Fans fall in love to T-Magic - The folks that don't love him still wont

  13. #13
    Starter
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    13,851
    Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    5. Fans fall in love to T-Magic - The folks that don't love him still wont
    So true, there are many fans out there who still consider Scott Frost a traitor for going to Stanford out of HS...even bringing us home an NC can't soften their hearts.

  14. #14
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    44,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    So true, there are many fans out there who still consider Scott Frost a traitor for going to Stanford out of HS...even bringing us home an NC can't soften their hearts.
    Nobody dislikes TM. They dislike his inconsistent play and dumb decisions. Reality works for the QB position as well.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

  15. #15
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,773
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerMagic View Post
    So if you had to make some BOLD predictions about Nebraska for the 2012 season, what would they be?
    I was asked to write an article stating five BOLD predictions for the Huskers in 2012. Check out my list and see if it is different from yours...

    5 Bold Predictions for Huskers in 2012

    @HuskerMagic
    Really?.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    So true, there are many fans out there who still consider Scott Frost a traitor for going to Stanford out of HS...even bringing us home an NC can't soften their hearts.
    I have never heard anyone say anything close to that.

  17. #17
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Number305 View Post
    I have never heard anyone say anything close to that.
    Neither has any of others. I guess it's one of those situations where only the "greatest" of the fans would hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers


  18. #18
    Scout Team
    HZKRFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE: Husker Ground Zero!
    Posts
    4,347
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post

    6) Tim Beck calls a complete game without confusion and boneheadedness.
    THIS....only for Barney

  19. #19
    Scout Team
    HZKRFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE: Husker Ground Zero!
    Posts
    4,347
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Really?.....
    lol!

  20. #20
    God I admire you.
    FeelLikeAStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Hardscratch Springs
    Posts
    27,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Nobody dislikes TM. They dislike his inconsistent play and dumb decisions. Reality works for the QB position as well.

    Riiiiiiiiight....
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •