Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Judge warns of civil war if Obama wins

All Legend

Texas Judge warns of civil war if Obama wins

This is inflammatory to the brink of sedition. That people think this way is mind boggling. I certainly hope he is hounded out of office. If not it will say something about the intelligence of his constituency.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t1

Travel Squad

LOL - that's crazy talk.

Read the article. This is why it is important to expose the conspiracy theorists for the absolute nutjobs they are. People actually believe this stuff, and if people in positions of authority continue preaching this kind of nonsense, some unbalanced infividual is going to decide to take matters into his own hands.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Heisman

Embarrassing, most definiitely... Wonder if he's standing for re-election this November?

Travel Squad

Ok, ok, I read it. It's both funny and not.

Funny because it's absurd. Not funny because a county actually elected this nutbag, and Chi is right one of the idiots that elected this guy is going to "take up arms" and do something stupid.

This guy needs to be overthrown.

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Read the article. This is why it is important to expose the conspiracy theorists for the absolute nutjobs they are. People actually believe this stuff, and if people in positions of authority continue preaching this kind of nonsense, some unbalanced infividual is going to decide to take matters into his own hands.
    Although I have no idea what a infividual is, I agree

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Weinosker View Post
    Ok, ok, I read it. It's both funny and not.

Funny because it's absurd. Not funny because a county actually elected this nutbag, and Chi is right one of the idiots that elected this guy is going to "take up arms" and do something stupid.

This guy needs to be overthrown.
    I saw what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Misspelling a word like that could cause me to loose creditability.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Travel Squad

Misspelling a word like that could cause me to loose creditability.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    individual who is also a known infidel.

Society Crazy Indeed
    West Texas ...nuff said

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    The judge isn't calling for a civil war. He's saying that it's a worst-case scenario. I mentioned something similar in the Chomsky thread yesterday. I don't think it's likely, but there are a lot of pissed off people out there. Do we ever really know what kind of spark would really set things off?

On Wednesday at a county commissioner meeting, he emphasized that his remarks were about "worst case scenario in my opinion," and added, "Do I think those are going to happen? Probably not."
    The fact that there were a number of people that stood up and spoke out in support of the judge kind of proves his point.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    The judge isn't calling for a civil war. He's saying that it's a worst-case scenario. I mentioned something similar in the Chomsky thread yesterday. I don't think it's likely, but there are a lot of pissed off people out there. Do we ever really know what kind of spark would really set things off?

The fact that there were a number of people that stood up and spoke out in support of the judge kind of proves his point.
    So you don't "think its likely" even though "there are a lot of pissed off people out there." That sounds almost exactly like what the judge said Thill.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post

Yes, but the act that would spark the civil war, Obama handing over our sovereignty to the UN and then UN troops setting foot on American soil, is just pure lunacy.

Junior Varsity
    Is this a hybrid of an infidel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Ayyy!
    Yes, but the act that would spark the civil war, Obama handing over our sovereignty to the UN and then UN troops setting foot on American soil, is just pure lunacy.
    Yeah, that part is crazy as hell.

Blackshirt
    This guy needs a hug.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    So you don't "think its likely" even though "there are a lot of pissed off people out there." That sounds almost exactly like what the judge said Thill.
    Yes, it sounds very much like what he said. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Is this a hybrid of an infidel?
    Actually it's old roman for an individual infidel.

Red Shirt

Sooner or later it will happen, but not within the next four years and not because of a single President who in the big picture of things is quite meaningless. I think Europe will go into wars long before the US starts fighting amongst itself.