Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Texas Judge warns of civil war if Obama wins

  1. #1
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,666

    Texas Judge warns of civil war if Obama wins

    This is inflammatory to the brink of sedition. That people think this way is mind boggling. I certainly hope he is hounded out of office. If not it will say something about the intelligence of his constituency.

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t1

  2. #2
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Occupying HuskerMAX
    Posts
    9,301
    LOL - that's crazy talk.

  3. #3
    Read the article. This is why it is important to expose the conspiracy theorists for the absolute nutjobs they are. People actually believe this stuff, and if people in positions of authority continue preaching this kind of nonsense, some unbalanced infividual is going to decide to take matters into his own hands.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  4. #4
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Embarrassing, most definiitely... Wonder if he's standing for re-election this November?

  5. #5
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Occupying HuskerMAX
    Posts
    9,301
    Ok, ok, I read it. It's both funny and not.

    Funny because it's absurd. Not funny because a county actually elected this nutbag, and Chi is right one of the idiots that elected this guy is going to "take up arms" and do something stupid.

    This guy needs to be overthrown.

  6. #6
    Heathen
    CornfieldCounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,450
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Read the article. This is why it is important to expose the conspiracy theorists for the absolute nutjobs they are. People actually believe this stuff, and if people in positions of authority continue preaching this kind of nonsense, some unbalanced infividual is going to decide to take matters into his own hands.
    Although I have no idea what a infividual is, I agree

    Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

    Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

  7. #7
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinosker View Post
    Ok, ok, I read it. It's both funny and not.

    Funny because it's absurd. Not funny because a county actually elected this nutbag, and Chi is right one of the idiots that elected this guy is going to "take up arms" and do something stupid.

    This guy needs to be overthrown.
    I saw what you did there!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Although I have no idea what a infividual is, I agree
    Misspelling a word like that could cause me to loose creditability.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  9. #9
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Occupying HuskerMAX
    Posts
    9,301
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Misspelling a word like that could cause me to loose creditability.
    LOL

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Red Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    10,627
    Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Although I have no idea what a infividual is, I agree
    individual who is also a known infidel.

  11. #11
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    45,580
    West Texas ...nuff said


    I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

  12. #12
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    37,307
    The judge isn't calling for a civil war. He's saying that it's a worst-case scenario. I mentioned something similar in the Chomsky thread yesterday. I don't think it's likely, but there are a lot of pissed off people out there. Do we ever really know what kind of spark would really set things off?

    On Wednesday at a county commissioner meeting, he emphasized that his remarks were about "worst case scenario in my opinion," and added, "Do I think those are going to happen? Probably not."
    The fact that there were a number of people that stood up and spoke out in support of the judge kind of proves his point.

  13. #13
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    The judge isn't calling for a civil war. He's saying that it's a worst-case scenario. I mentioned something similar in the Chomsky thread yesterday. I don't think it's likely, but there are a lot of pissed off people out there. Do we ever really know what kind of spark would really set things off?



    The fact that there were a number of people that stood up and spoke out in support of the judge kind of proves his point.
    So you don't "think its likely" even though "there are a lot of pissed off people out there." That sounds almost exactly like what the judge said Thill.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    The judge isn't calling for a civil war. He's saying that it's a worst-case scenario. I mentioned something similar in the Chomsky thread yesterday. I don't think it's likely, but there are a lot of pissed off people out there. Do we ever really know what kind of spark would really set things off?



    The fact that there were a number of people that stood up and spoke out in support of the judge kind of proves his point.
    Yes, but the act that would spark the civil war, Obama handing over our sovereignty to the UN and then UN troops setting foot on American soil, is just pure lunacy.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  15. #15
    Junior Varsity
    HuZkurZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Read the article. This is why it is important to expose the conspiracy theorists for the absolute nutjobs they are. People actually believe this stuff, and if people in positions of authority continue preaching this kind of nonsense, some unbalanced infividual is going to decide to take matters into his own hands.
    Is this a hybrid of an infidel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

  16. #16
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    37,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Yes, but the act that would spark the civil war, Obama handing over our sovereignty to the UN and then UN troops setting foot on American soil, is just pure lunacy.
    Yeah, that part is crazy as hell.

  17. #17
    Blackshirt
    RussianRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Area where you reside
    Posts
    14,537
    This guy needs a hug.



  18. #18
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    37,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    So you don't "think its likely" even though "there are a lot of pissed off people out there." That sounds almost exactly like what the judge said Thill.
    Yes, it sounds very much like what he said. What's your point?

  19. #19
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    Is this a hybrid of an infidel?
    Actually it's old roman for an individual infidel.

  20. #20
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,892
    Sooner or later it will happen, but not within the next four years and not because of a single President who in the big picture of things is quite meaningless. I think Europe will go into wars long before the US starts fighting amongst itself.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •