Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Capitalism making life better?

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    Noam Chomsky is a member of the zcommunications website. That is without question.

Chomsky peddles his warez through other channels as well.

I am not sure why you would dispute this. Considering how wealthy he is, you can't think he got that way on a prefessor's salary?
    It seems he's a contributor to the website. It's not his site. You're not sure why I would dispute this? because what you said isn't true. I'm not sure why you kept saying something that isn't true. I'm also not sure how you came to believe that ad hominem attacks are a thing to embrace.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

"The best thing to do is read widely and always skeptically. Remember that everyone, including me, has their opinions and their goals and you have to think them through for yourself." - Noam Chomsky

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Two completely unrelated and dissimilar things - sorry, RP, yet another FAIL for you.
    Nope. Correct as usual.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    One of my favorite parts of Chomsky's website:

http://www.zcommunications.org/zstore
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
    It seems he's a contributor to the website. It's not his site. You're not sure why I would dispute this? because what you said isn't true. I'm not sure why you kept saying something that isn't true. I'm also not sure how you came to believe that ad hominem attacks are a thing to embrace.

So I guess you'd be making the same silly semantic argument that shophuskermax.com isn't David Max's website - because its owned and operated by Osborne Family Enterprises - even though its the primary vehicle for selling HuskerMax goods?

(And before you return to a DIFFERENT silly semantic argument - like "Barnes & Noble" - note my use of the word "primary" above.)

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Could you explain why you feel that it isn't making the majority of the US populations life better.

What type of capitalism do you want us to move to (or other model) to make the majority of lives better.

W/out doing enough research or thought into it to give a final answer....for now I'll say and try to answer both questions w/ the one answer. The way it is now is a lot different than how it was in the 50s/60 and even 70s. Back then there wasn't near the the gap between the super rich and middle class. THe middle class was thriving...real wages were rising workers fought for and earned lots of rights. Now it's the opposite. Huge and growing gap, stagnant real wages for decades, middle class is shrinking and workers rights are going away. And there the line between govt and biz is pretty much gone...big money has more influence today than ever before.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

"The best thing to do is read widely and always skeptically. Remember that everyone, including me, has their opinions and their goals and you have to think them through for yourself." - Noam Chomsky

So I guess you'd be making the same silly semantic argument that shophuskermax.com isn't David Max's website - because its owned and operated by Osborne Family Enterprises - even though its the primary vehicle for selling HuskerMax goods?

(And before you return to a DIFFERENT silly semantic argument - like "Barnes & Noble" - note my use of the word "primary" above.)
    the Z site isn't the or even a primary vehicle for selling NC's goods. Was that a serious belief of yours?

Heisman

the Z site isn't the or even a primary vehicle for selling NC's goods. Was that a serious belief of yours?
    LOL, ok, I'll bite - what IS the "primary vehicle" and do you have a link to the stats?

LOL, ok, I'll bite - what IS the "primary vehicle" and do you have a link to the stats?
    I don't have a link. But do you think that Z site sells more NC books than B&N or amazon?

Actually, now that I look at the Nem's link and the site...Nems link was to a video..and it seems you can't even buy a NC book from the site. At least I can't find a section for books in the "store".

Rebel Alliance
    W/out doing enough research or thought into it to give a final answer....for now I'll say and try to answer both questions w/ the one answer. The way it is now is a lot different than how it was in the 50s/60 and even 70s. Back then there wasn't near the the gap between the super rich and middle class. THe middle class was thriving...real wages were rising workers fought for and earned lots of rights. Now it's the opposite. Huge and growing gap, stagnant real wages for decades, middle class is shrinking and workers rights are going away. And there the line between govt and biz is pretty much gone...big money has more influence today than ever before.
    Got it. Less government!
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

Got it. Less government!
    Ha

Husker Fan

Please don't disparage boobs like that.
    I'm a simple man maybe but that might be the single funniest thing I've ever read on huskermax.

Still laughing.

God of Huskermax

You yourself just said it isn't owned by David Max. Which means it isn't his. I'm not sayin....I'm just sayin...

Husker Fan

WOW THAT SOUNDS JUST AWESOME! I WISH WE COULD ALL LIVE LIKE THAT!!
    If he and cactus had their way we would.

Heisman

I don't have a link. But do you think that Z site sells more NC books than B&N or amazon?

Actually, now that I look at the Nem's link and the site...Nems link was to a video..and it seems you can't even buy a NC book from the site. At least I can't find a section for books in the "store".
    When I go to http://www.zcommunications.org/zstore six of the twelve items for sale on the store home page are Chomsky items. Coincidence? Nah, I'm not THAT naive! Are you? And who said just "books?" He makes money selling DVD's and other media too, why would you try to distinguish that from "books?"

Now, from that "zstore" home page link agove, type "Chomsky" into the search box, and you'll be taken to page 1 - that's page 1 of 115 pages - of Chomsky hits! But nah, its technically not "his" site. Keep up the silly semantic antics, cb!

Husker Fan

It's amazing how intelligent the ignorant can sound sometimes.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    You yourself just said it isn't owned by David Max. Which means it isn't his. I'm not sayin....I'm just sayin...
    RP joins cb in the semantics antics game!

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    His argument is BS since it is structured as follows:

1. He claims slavery was a successful system
    2. He claims Stalinism was a successful system
    3. He claims Hitler/Nazism was a successful system
    4. He then implies that capitalism is the same as these other systems

If his argument is to be logically consistent must include the successful part. So he is admitting that capitalism is successful (and then trying to tarnish it).

Moreover since his argument is built on 3 false premises, his whole argument is false. Several of the examples of what he believes were successful systems were deemed by the world to be so repulsive that they were stamped out at huge cost including a world war and our civil war. So he has set the system boundaries incorrectly - these systems did not exist in isolation nor were they contained within themselves but were part of the broader world and not separable from it. And Stalinism more or less imploded as it ran out of people that could be murdered without also killing the system itself.

And he is treating his listeners like a bunch of idiots by hoping they hear:

blah blah blah Slavery blah Stalinism blah blah (capitalism) blah blah blah Hitler

and hoping people are stupid enough to then think these are all the same in terms of making people's lives better.

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesBFree View Post
    His argument is BS since it is structured as follows:

1. He claims slavery was a successful system
    2. He claims Stalinism was a successful system
    3. He claims Hitler/Nazism was a successful system
    4. He then implies that capitalism is the same as these other systems

If his argument is to be logically consistent must include the successful part. So he is admitting that capitalism is successful (and then trying to tarnish it).

Moreover since his argument is built on 3 false premises, his whole argument is false. Several of the examples of what he believes were successful systems were deemed by the world to be so repulsive that they were stamped out at huge cost including a world war and our civil war. So he has set the system boundaries incorrectly - these systems did not exist in isolation nor were they contained within themselves but were part of the broader world and not separable from it. And Stalinism more or less imploded as it ran out of people that could be murdered without also killing the system itself.

And he is treating his listeners like a bunch of idiots by hoping they hear:

blah blah blah Slavery blah Stalinism blah blah (capitalism) blah blah blah Hitler

and hoping people are stupid enough to then think these are all the same in terms of making people's lives better.
    Oops, I thought he was serious Just read through the rest of the posts.

God of Huskermax

When I go to http://www.zcommunications.org/zstore six of the twelve items for sale on the store home page are Chomsky items. Coincidence? Nah, I'm not THAT naive! Are you? And who said just "books?" He makes money selling DVD's and other media too, why would you try to distinguish that from "books?"

Now, from that "zstore" home page link agove, type "Chomsky" into the search box, and you'll be taken to page 1 - that's page 1 of 115 pages - of Chomsky hits! But nah, its technically not "his" site. Keep up the silly semantic antics, cb!
    So because other people mention Chomsky that means it's his site? If that's the case this BBS may very well belong to the great RP. As far as the products on the homepage, again if those are the items frequently purchased by others, how would that make it Chomsky's site? He has just as many pages of product as at least one other person. So is that other person a co-owner?

You are the one going overboard with the semantics game McKinney, which is the usual for you.

Oh, almost forgot...

God of Huskermax

RP joins cb in the semantics antics game!
    RP joins no one in the semantics games McKinney.

Oh, almost forgot...

God of Huskermax

The guy that actually owns the site is Chris Spannos.

http://keywiki.org/index.php/Chris_Spannos Not one mention of Chomsky.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...unications.org