Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Minnesota lawmaker has reststop sex with 17 year old boy via Craigslist

Heisman

Democratic Minnesota lawmaker has reststop sex with 17 year old boy via Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, indeed. He's playing chicken with the national party. I love it. Is the national party going to forgive him and re-empower him? Or are they going to stick to their guns and provide no further support, greatly hurting his chance of election and the party's chance of Senate majority?

Oh, what a tangled web we weave! The national party knows that by its own extremism on some of the social issues, it courts the Akins's of the evangelical world. Every once in a while one of them escapes from the asylum and exposes himself in the real world. "Clean up on aisle three!" Call in the hazmat team!
    Ah, you've gotta love it when you get the smug, supercilious posts like this! Just in time to be knocked off their haughty perch by similar or worse revelations from THEIR side of the political spectrum.

A Minnesota lawmaker who authorities say admitted having a liaison with a 17-year-old boy at a rest stop faced calls from party leaders on Monday to give up his re-election bid.

Democratic Rep. Kerry Gauthier, 56, hasn't been charged in the July incident, and authorities said he wouldn't be because the boy was older than 16, the legal age of consent, and no money was exchanged. Police say the teenager responded to the lawmaker's Craigslist ad for "no strings attached" sex.

Minnesota lawmaker urged to step aside after rest-stop liaison with 17-year-old boy

Call in the hazmat team indeedy!

I'm not sure I see a direct parallel between an idiotic policy statement and a Craigslist tryst. Embarassments on both sides, I guess, but not much aside from that.

Me either...with that being said this idiot needs to step down.....as a parent of a 17 year old girl guys like this do not need to be representing anyone in any level of governement....

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    I'm not sure I see a direct parallel between an idiotic policy statement and a Craigslist tryst. Embarassments on both sides, I guess, but not much aside from that.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

the age of consent in MN is 16. Are you opposed to all homosexual activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Me either...with that being said this idiot needs to step down.....as a parent of a 17 year old girl guys like this do not need to be representing anyone in any level of governement....
    Legal or not, I agree, dude should go.

Starter
    Your right.. one was a "miss step of the tongue" and the other was consensual sex with a minor, very different.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Your right.. one was a "miss step of the tongue" and the other was consensual sex with a minor, very different.
    Not a minor under the law, as posted above. Still, 56 year olds in public office shouldn't be having sex with 17 year olds, it sets a bad example.

Yup....

Legal or not, I agree, dude should go.

That....

Not a minor under the law, as posted above. Still, 56 year olds in public office shouldn't be having sex with 17 year olds, it sets a bad example.

If the law and two consenting adults don't have a problem with it, who are we to disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby and Bruce View Post
    If the law and two consenting adults don't have a problem with it, who are we to disagree?

The electorate.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Me either...
    Interesting and revealing. The Republican candidate made a stupid verbal statement, which he's furiously backtracking from and apologizing for now. The Democrat advertised for, and then actually performed sex acts with a teenager at a rest stop. And still you persist in your attempts to claim the Republican is the worst offender. Great character, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    The electorate.
    "We" was meant to mean Toby and Bruce.

But, fine, let the electorate decide.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Interesting and revealing. The Republican candidate made a stupid verbal statement, which he's furiously backtracking from and apologizing for now. The Democrat advertised for, and then actually performed sex acts with a teenager at a rest stop. And still you persist in your attempts to claim the Republican is the worst offender. Great character, guys...
    I don't see any discussion by either one of them as to which is "worse." Just that they are two very different situations. Which, of course, they are.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Politicians engaging in their choice of sex acts kind of goes back to the biblical days, that's not going anywhere and you may have overlooked the fact that RR and I condemn the action described here. A lamebrain Republican in Missouri who is reiterating some really damaging ideas that have been floated by your party for decades surrounding a woman's supposed ability to self-abort children of "legitimate rape" speaks volumes about the kinds of attitudes towards women's health that are found on that side of the aisle and continue a pattern of sending up red flags to women all over the country about what they can expect from Republican leadership. Again, policy statement vs. legal if unwise sex act. I'd probably be a lot more willing to get worked up about it if it hadn't been a 100% consensual act between two legal adults, pretty sure the horny 17 year old kid knew what he was getting into when he answered a Craigslist ad and drove himself to the meeting.