Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Hate Crime all falsified, arrest warrant issued

Lincoln Hate Crime all falsified, arrest warrant issued

lying to police...self-inflicted wounds

Red Shirt

I'm not surprised, unfortunately.

This case smelled funny from the get go.

It doesn't change the fact that there are definitely those out there that would assault someone based on sexual orientation, but it does confirm that there are people crazy enough to do this to themselves.

The evidence against her looks pretty damning. She bought the twist ties and knife at a hardware store earlier in the week!!

Starter

Lincoln Hate Crime all falsified, arrest warrent issued

http://journalstar.com/news/local/cr...ba171dc28.html

Arrest warrant issued for alleged hate crime victim
    By JONATHAN EDWARDS / Lincoln Journal Star

The woman who told police she was the victim of a brutal hate crime in Lincoln last month will be arrested on suspicion of lying to police.

The Lancaster County Attorney issued an arrest warrant Tuesday morning for Charlie Rogers, who is charged with misdemeanor false reporting.

Rogers, 33, told police three masked men broke into her apartment on July 22, tied her up, carved anti-gay slurs into her skin and tried to light her house on fire.

After binding her with zip ties, she told police, one of the men held her down while another cut derogatory words into her arms and abdomen, sliced a cross into her chest and cut the front of her thighs and shins.

Rogers said the attackers rolled her onto her stomach, pinning her arms under her body. Then, she said, they cut her buttocks, the back of her thighs and the back of her right calf.

The reported attack galvanized Lincoln and made national news. Thousands of people from Lincoln and Omaha attended rallies and donated money to support Rogers after the attack.

Now, police say, they believe she made it all up.
    Feel sad for her, and sad for all of the people who tried to help her, and lastly, sad for all of Lincoln.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Agreed, what a pathetic thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cube View Post
    I'm not surprised, unfortunately.

This case smelled funny from the get go.

It doesn't change the fact that there are definitely those out there that would assault someone based on sexual orientation, but it does confirm that there are people crazy enough to do this to themselves.

The evidence against her looks pretty damning. She bought the twist ties and knife at a hardware store earlier in the week!!
    Kind of amazing at this late stage of the C.S.I. crime drama era that people don't have a good concept of just how good police are in investigating crimes.

Scout Team
    Figured as much

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Kind of amazing at this late stage of the C.S.I. crime drama era that people don't have a good concept of just how good police are in investigating crimes.
    ENHANCE!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cube View Post

It doesn't change the fact that there are definitely those out there that would assault someone based on sexual orientation,
    !
    really ? Feel better after that qualifier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    You are actually pretty hard pressed to find a homosexual who hasn't been assaulted at one point or another in their lives. Doesn't excuse this idiocy of course, but I would certainly not take this particular opportunity to gloss over decades--hell, centuries--of aggressive discrimination against homosexuals.

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    What's wrong with his "qualifier?"

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    http://journalstar.com/news/local/cr...ba171dc28.html

Feel sad for her, and sad for all of the people who tried to help her, and lastly, sad for all of Lincoln.
    Exactly my reaction as well.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleHusker View Post
    Absolutely nothing.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    You are actually pretty hard pressed to find a homosexual who hasn't been assaulted at one point or another in their lives. Doesn't excuse this idiocy of course, but I would certainly not take this particular opportunity to gloss over decades--hell, centuries--of aggressive discrimination against homosexuals.
    It just struck me like the Seinfeld episode... '"Not that there is anything wrong with it" this idea that we have to always affirm things is amusing to me.

Except for stupid people and just pure racist or hate mongers of course people get beat up or killed because of there skin color, gender,sexuality, weight, looks, religion, someone who looks rich in a bad neighborhood, it happens to all people that should go without saying.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleHusker View Post
    Nothing wrong with it

Travel Squad
    Such a tragic story. Certainly the retraction won't make national news in the same way the accusation did.

Deeply troubled young woman.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius