Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Why Johnny Stanton didn't make 250 from rivals guy

  1. #1
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grand Island
    Posts
    376

    Why Johnny Stanton didn't make 250 from rivals guy

    Adam Gorney:
    Matt - That is not true. A quarterback cannot really dominate the Elite 11. It's not set up that way. Stanton is not nearly a polished passer yet. Great runner, great upside but he's not a great passer.

    I asked why didn't johnny make it on a guest chat on rivals. it is going on right now the answer is above.

  2. #2
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grand Island
    Posts
    376
    another thing about johnny

    Adam Gorney:
    Wow - That's not obvious at all. I've seen Stanton in every setting possible. He has a tough time throwing an accurate ball. Until that consistently changes, he cannot move much.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    Interesting Stanton is 4-star rated by 247, Scout and ESPN....but not Rivals....

    Also they were 'panning' him during the Elite 11 while the coaches for the event were singing his praises....

    From what I have seen he throws the ball quite well and is only getting better....

    Gorney is entitled to his opinion....seems most folks disagree....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  4. #4
    Junior Varsity

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    6,954
    Opinions vary, you have a former NFL QB and a whole staff at Elite 11 that was completely in awe of Stanton's accuracy...

  5. #5
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grand Island
    Posts
    376
    Also more 4 stars coming out tomorrow.

  6. #6
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grand Island
    Posts
    376
    Also dont look for love or natter to get 4 stars anytime soon.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    My point exactly....

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Opinions vary, you have a former NFL QB and a whole staff at Elite 11 that was completely in awe of Stanton's accuracy...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  8. #8
    Scout Team Bo Pelinis Gum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,371
    IMO Rivals is getting too critical in their assesments of players anymore. They used to be right on in most cases, and now it seems that they are searching for 1st round draft picks, and everyone else is a meh and almost not good enough for them. I really like what 247 is doing and I think they are making a case for the better of the services out there.

  9. #9
    Junior Varsity

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    6,954
    What a joke these Rivals guys are, look at what they say about Goff the Cal commit and why he moved up:

    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1399010

    "Goff moves from unranked to number 153 after performing well at Elite11 and some 7 on 7's"

    But Stanton can't move up there because that's not really how it works was the answer the guy gave you...

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    Yup....allot of politics...and I have been saying that for years...Rivals is losing me more and more....


    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    What a joke these Rivals guys are, look at what they say about Goff the Cal commit and why he moved up:

    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1399010

    "Goff moves from unranked to number 153 after performing well at Elite11 and some 7 on 7's"

    But Stanton can't move up there because that's not really how it works was the answer the guy gave you...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  11. #11
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    65,526
    Rivals guy

    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis



  12. #12
    All American

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26,351
    There is no interest in Rivals moving any of our guys to the top. Every year, we lead the nation in 4* players outside the top 250. I don't have the numbers, but seriously we have one or two every year at least and there are generally only 30-50 or so who meet that criteria. To me, that tells me all I need to know. So they will move Stanton into that 4*-outside -250-abyss and say "that's good enough for the likes of Husker fans, now let's take care of our big money markets."

    It's business, nothing personal. Problem is, it helps schools like USC to escape the cesspool of their own incompetence all those years to become the ESPN/Rivals/Scout created powerhouse they have been created into. It really is a form of cheating, but cheating will always be there and we might as well get used to it.

    We do get the benefit of some bumps as Rivals/Scout and the others realize they have to throw us a bone every now and again, we just aren't gonna get the bone packed with meat.

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    Yup....

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    There is no interest in Rivals moving any of our guys to the top. Every year, we lead the nation in 4* players outside the top 250. I don't have the numbers, but seriously we have one or two every year at least and there are generally only 30-50 or so who meet that criteria. To me, that tells me all I need to know. So they will move Stanton into that 4*-outside -250-abyss and say "that's good enough for the likes of Husker fans, now let's take care of our big money markets."

    It's business, nothing personal. Problem is, it helps schools like USC to escape the cesspool of their own incompetence all those years to become the ESPN/Rivals/Scout created powerhouse they have been created into. It really is a form of cheating, but cheating will always be there and we might as well get used to it.

    We do get the benefit of some bumps as Rivals/Scout and the others realize they have to throw us a bone every now and again, we just aren't gonna get the bone packed with meat.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    It is what is with Rivals and has been for quite sometime....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  15. #15
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,666
    I like it. Stanton can come here and win an NC and tell Rivals to "Stick that in your 250."


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    There is no interest in Rivals moving any of our guys to the top. Every year, we lead the nation in 4* players outside the top 250. I don't have the numbers, but seriously we have one or two every year at least and there are generally only 30-50 or so who meet that criteria. To me, that tells me all I need to know. So they will move Stanton into that 4*-outside -250-abyss and say "that's good enough for the likes of Husker fans, now let's take care of our big money markets."

    It's business, nothing personal. Problem is, it helps schools like USC to escape the cesspool of their own incompetence all those years to become the ESPN/Rivals/Scout created powerhouse they have been created into. It really is a form of cheating, but cheating will always be there and we might as well get used to it.

    We do get the benefit of some bumps as Rivals/Scout and the others realize they have to throw us a bone every now and again, we just aren't gonna get the bone packed with meat.
    Agree 100%. The only thing that makes the ESPN/Rivals/Scout agenda bearable for me is knowing that for years they've been trying so desperately to do the same thing for Notre Dame without success. ND will probably have another year finishing unranked in the polls, but they're almost guaranteed another great recruiting class.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Pelinis Gum View Post
    IMO Rivals is getting too critical in their assesments of players anymore. They used to be right on in most cases, and now it seems that they are searching for 1st round draft picks, and everyone else is a meh and almost not good enough for them. I really like what 247 is doing and I think they are making a case for the better of the services out there.
    247 was created by the founder of rivals. Shannon Terry sold rivals to yahoo then created 247 Sports. 247 is the most legitimate recruiting site period. No politics or agendas just passion for college football and recruiting.

  18. #18
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Interesting Stanton is 4-star rated by 247, Scout and ESPN....but not Rivals....

    Also they were 'panning' him during the Elite 11 while the coaches for the event were singing his praises....

    From what I have seen he throws the ball quite well and is only getting better....

    Gorney is entitled to his opinion....seems most folks disagree....
    For Rivals to put 21 QBs in their Top 250 and not include Johnny Stanton hurts their credibility IMPO. There is no way he is not one of the top 10-15 QBs in the country.

  19. #19
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    11,196
    who cares...we want him...he wanted us ....we are happy

  20. #20
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    Agree....they are not even trying to hide their bias anymore...


    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    For Rivals to put 21 QBs in their Top 250 and not include Johnny Stanton hurts their credibility IMPO. There is no way he is not one of the top 10-15 QBs in the country.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •