Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 189

Thread: Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

  1. #41
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,719
    And yet he said he didn't...I take him at his word as I would you if you said so in the same circumstances....but that is me...

    Partisan....if you say so....


    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    You're right - he didn't mention - but he certainly implied. And going back through the Biden thread, I sure don't see a similar statement made there. Sorry, but its definitely a partisan statement.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #42
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    You may think she has done a good job but she polled 11 points behind Akin last week. She may well be liked in the Porkchop household but some of the polling i have seen and some of my family that live in Missouri don't really like her.

    She was going to lose and probably lose by 5-10 points as Obama was going to be destroyed in Missouri. The healthcare issue is huge and you should know how much it is hated in Missouri.

    The Republicans need to do a democrat special like what they did in New Jersey in 2002 and dump the candidate and put someone else in there.
    She polled 11 points back of a guy who's been campaigning for the past two to three months in a primary, so of course he's going to have a little higher bump, especially since Akin's base was all riled up from what was a come from behind victory in the primary. Like I said, I have no doubt that over 50% of Missourians would say they are not voting for McCaskill, but when that question is asked with a specific opponent in mind, the numbers start to get closer, and McCaskill has just now started to ramp up campaigning (since she ran unapposed in the primary). I'll stand by the belief that Akin's gaffe pretty much gift-wrapped the election to McCaskill, because if he stays in the race, he'll never be able to live that phrase down, and the other top candidates weren't going to excite people on a wide scale in the state.

  3. #43
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    This certainly adds another chapter to the old war on women narrative.

  4. #44
    Scout Team
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    4,276
    Rove pulling his Super Pac out of Missouri. sen Johnson and brown call for him to drop out, Sen Cornyn basically said for him to drop. I bet by the end of the day he will be gone.....

  5. #45
    Ayyy!
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    37,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    Rove pulling his Super Pac out of Missouri. sen Johnson and brown call for him to drop out, Sen Cornyn basically said for him to drop. I bet by the end of the day he will be gone.....
    It's good to see Republicans calling out and putting pressure on one of their own for saying something stupid. I'm wondering why elected Democrats don't do the same thing when someone like Biden says something stupid.

  6. #46
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    This certainly adds another chapter to the old war on women narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    Rove pulling his Super Pac out of Missouri. sen Johnson and brown call for him to drop out, Sen Cornyn basically said for him to drop. I bet by the end of the day he will be gone.....
    It sure shouldn't "add another chapter" based on the 100% condemnation from all Republican quarters, including funding being pulled and Congressional leaders publicly calling for him to drop out.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    You're right - he didn't mention - but he certainly implied. And going back through the Biden thread, I sure don't see a similar statement made there. Sorry, but its definitely a partisan statement.
    I think he was saying there are a certain amount of undereducated people who might think like this.

    I you want to jump to conclusions and claim them as supporters of the republican party, you are free to do so.

  8. #48
    Scout Team
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    4,276
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    It's good to see Republicans calling out and putting pressure on one of their own for saying something stupid. I'm wondering why elected Democrats don't do the same thing when someone like Biden says something stupid.
    I agree, this guy needs to go and now, if he says stuff this stupid this early, I can only imagine what else he will say. Already heard rumblings on twitter he is dropping out, good riddance, our party should not stand for this nonsense.

  9. #49
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    It sure shouldn't "add another chapter" based on the 100% condemnation from all Republican quarters, including funding being pulled and Congressional leaders publicly calling for him to drop out.
    But it does keep the perception alive in the mind of women voters.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  10. #50
    Blackshirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,000
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    It's good to see Republicans calling out and putting pressure on one of their own for saying something stupid. I'm wondering why elected Democrats don't do the same thing when someone like Biden says something stupid.
    Perhaps because what Biden said wasn't THAT stupid, more ill-advised if anything.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

  11. #51
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Perhaps because what Biden said wasn't THAT stupid, more ill-advised if anything.
    No, what he said was stupid. "Ill-advised" doesn't come close when it's about telling black people somebody's coming to put them back in chains.

  12. #52
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Perhaps because what Biden said wasn't THAT stupid...
    Thanks for that laugh, Warhorse. I'm hoping lots of Dems agree, will play into conservatives hands well!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood Husker View Post
    Rove pulling his Super Pac out of Missouri. sen Johnson and brown call for him to drop out, Sen Cornyn basically said for him to drop. I bet by the end of the day he will be gone.....
    Hopefully, because I believe tomorrow is the last day he can back out.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  14. #54
    Scout Team
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    4,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Perhaps because what Biden said wasn't THAT stupid, more ill-advised if anything.
    I would generally agree as I like to cut people slack when they misspeak however when you adopt a southern drawl and inject ya'all into it, it is more than ill advised it is just disgusting.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    No, what he said was stupid. "Ill-advised" doesn't come close when it's about telling black people somebody's coming to put them back in chains.
    Agree.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  16. #56
    Guest

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    19,545
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    It sure shouldn't "add another chapter" based on the 100% condemnation from all Republican quarters, including funding being pulled and Congressional leaders publicly calling for him to drop out.
    Oh, absolutely--and the strong reaction is certainly due in no small part to a variety of bad PR moments in regards to women voters over the past year or so. They don't want that phrase drummed up again. And I do applaud the Republican Party for forcing this guy out, don't get me wrong.

  17. #57
    Scout Team
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    4,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Hopefully, because I believe tomorrow is the last day he can back out.
    Erick Erickson of Red State twittered he is bowing out, we shall see. This needs to be diffused and pronto.

  18. #58
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McKinney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    11,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Oh, absolutely--and the strong reaction is certainly due in no small part to a variety of bad PR moments in regards to women voters over the past year or so. They don't want that phrase drummed up again. And I do applaud the Republican Party for forcing this guy out, don't get me wrong.
    Of course... So you don't believe that the strong reaction is due primarily to the fact that virtually all Republicans feel strongly that the statement was stupid and wholly inappropriate?

  19. #59
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,719
    Yes I already posted it in this thread....5 PM tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Hopefully, because I believe tomorrow is the last day he can back out.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  20. #60
    Scout Team
    Lakewood Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    lakewood,ca
    Posts
    4,276
    In 2002 New Jersey had sen Toricelli indicted after the primary and the party sued to get Lautenberg on the ballot and he is sitting in the senate today (much to my chagrin as i believe he is something like 135 years old) The party needs to do that and get someone calming in there Jim Talent or Kit Bond


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •