Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: I really hate

Junior Varsity

I really hate

that the Omaha and Lincoln papers are now pay sites. I understand it, but hate it nonetheless.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Husker Immortal Love Tool
    yep!

You just can't lurk anywhere now days!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

if you put your browser into "private" mode, you can still get it. Pain in the butt, but works

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskernation View Post
    if you put your browser into "private" mode, you can still get it. Pain in the butt, but works
    I'm not doing anything differently and I'm still able to read all the articles. hmmm

Cake or Death?
    I have reached my limit several times on the LJS and all I have to do is reset Safari and I'm good to continue.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    I'm not doing anything differently and I'm still able to read all the articles. hmmm
    The LJS paywall is managed entirely by the cookie it sets on your browser. If your browser isn't accepting journalstar.com's cookies for some reason or another, or you have security software installed that burns up your cookies at regular intervals, as far as they're concerned you're always on your first article.

Junior Varsity
    Thanks folks, I should have thought of that.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

JV All-Star
    ...I do a lot if surfing on my phone...ive never hit a limit or been locked out
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Recruit
    How do you reset Safari? I cleared the cookies for the Journal, but I am still getting blocked.

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanoHusker View Post
    How do you reset Safari? I cleared the cookies for the Journal, but I am still getting blocked.
    Easy peasy. Go to "Safari" on the top bar and there is a "reset safari" tab. Click on that and follow the prompts and you are good. I have everything checked excpet for remove website icons.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

It's funny...working in the publishing industry and seeing the rapid decline of print I understand the need to monetize their content, but as a consumer i understand it's annoying to pay what was always free before. IMHO in both instances it seems you still get a fair amount of free stuff before hitting the pay wall. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out over the next few years...there's no way to replace what the OWH and LJS do in terms of Husker coverage so I imagine people will be willing to pay a premium for it eventually.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by CTBugeater View Post
    there's no way to replace what the OWH and LJS do in terms of Husker coverage so I imagine people will be willing to pay a premium for it eventually.
    Not me. I have just stopped clicking on their premium links.

And a big thanks to Husker Max for letting me know which articles are premium.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Easy peasy. Go to "Safari" on the top bar and there is a "reset safari" tab. Click on that and follow the prompts and you are good. I have everything checked excpet for remove website icons.
    Thanks for the info...looks like I am good to go.

I've gotten enough news off of the online Journal Star website over the years, including Husker related news, that I think it's only fair to pay for what they are producing. It's not too steep.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    I've gotten enough news off of the online Journal Star website over the years, including Husker related news, that I think it's only fair to pay for what they are producing. It's not too steep.
    I only use it for some football articles, since I live elsewhere. I certainly don't find their football coverage alone to be worth it. Aside from the occasional breaking news tweet, which I could probably get free on twitter anyway, I don't think they have anything much better than what's on huskers. com, it's sad to say.