Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Pork Loin Roast

Intellectual Patriot

Pork Loin Roast

So we processed 2 whole loins this weekend and one of them instead of freezing we decided to do a bag marinate. Kind of like the pre-seasoned ones you see in the market.

2 Lb roast.
    2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp liquid smoke.
    2 tbsp EV Olive Oil
    Couple of good shakes of cajun seasoning
    1 tbsp of minced garlic
    Coule of good shakes of black pepper.

After sealing it I rubbed it and shook it to insure the spices got all around. Looks like good.

I plan on searing it in a HOT pan all around then putting it on the grill to finsh on low heat.

I will let you know this weekend how it turned out as it is sealed and resting in the refrigerator.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Recruit
    Sounds good, while camping this summer I cooked one over the fire covered. Put seasoning/Honey Whiskey and a beer. Then finished it off over the fire. Turned out great very tender, not dry and great flavor. Took a while but time went fast with the Honey Whiskey in hand! Good Luck!

Intellectual Patriot
    I will give you a picture. 3 days to go and that baby is going to light up my life. It will give me hope, to carry on.IMG-20120815-00047.jpg
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Intellectual Patriot
    Success. I will post a pic of when I was searing the sides. Had a little accident with the hot oil right after so my willingness to take pics kinda went away. My left hand is polka-dotted today. But, the roast was freaking fantabulous.

I love fan mail.

Recruit
    Very nice, will you recover?

Intellectual Patriot
    I have recovered. On to the next.........cleaning out the garage this week, so there probably wont be anything special for awhile.

I love fan mail.