Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Need Husker Viewing Help

Need Husker Viewing Help

I have lived in Lincoln my whole life and have recently moved my family to central Kansas for school. Anyone know if there is a way to tell if the Husker games will be on T.V. or what extended packages I should purchase? I'm seriously considering getting Directv instead of Cox cable. Would that make a difference? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I would make sure you have BTN. Other than that, most games that are on the ESPN family of networks have mirrored coverage on an alternate channel. I think you should be good to go as long as you get all the ESPN networks (ABC included).

Scout Team

And if that doesn't work there is always Callahan's both locations and the Gran Falloon down on the plaza depending on where you live in Kansas.

Need Husker Viewing Help

Cox in southwest Kansas carry's BTN so I would assume they would in central Kansas as well. You have to subscribed to the sports tier add on to get it.

Scout Team
    DirecTV has been good to me. I have their bargain basement package and was able to get an upgrade for the sports channels for minimal cost. It includes all the ESPN/ABC channels, the entire Fox Sports Net as well as the Big Ten Network.

Every single game was televised last year, even the "lesser" opponents like Chattanooga, Fresno State and Wyoming. First time in my life that I've been able to watch every Husker game of the year. Even when I lived in Omaha, we'd usually miss a non-con game like Ball State or something.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just stick with cable and order the sports tier. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    And if that doesn't work there is always Callahan's both locations and the Gran Falloon down on the plaza depending on where you live in Kansas.
    I live an hour north of Wichita. I'm not familiar with either of these places, what town are they in?