Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Arena Football: How in the world does it continue?

Cake or Death?

Arena Football: How in the world does it continue?

I mean seriously? Not only is it a BOOOOOORING game but did anyone see the "Arena Bowl" on the NFL Network Friday night? It was on late so I watched a quarter or so before falling asleep. It was at the Superdome and I swear there may have only been about 3-5 thousand in attendance. I don't see how it continues.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Big Red Fan!!!

I like watching it. It's a good off-season sport to watch.

Red Shirt
    It wasn't in the Superdome. The game is played in basketball arena's. It is like hockey, if you attend a game, you'll be hooked. You are correct that the arena was empty. Here in Phoenix, there is 10-15 thousand at each game. It is definitely a fan friendly sport. The players interact with the fans and put on a good show. The best part is how inexpensive it is to attend and get out of the heat.

God of Huskermax

Its a ton of fun to go to!

pray for me ;)
    People pay money to watch cars go fast in a circle. After that, I'll believe anything.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyWarrant View Post
    It wasn't in the Superdome. The game is played in basketball arena's. It is like hockey, if you attend a game, you'll be hooked. You are correct that the arena was empty. Here in Phoenix, there is 10-15 thousand at each game. It is definitely a fan friendly sport. The players interact with the fans and put on a good show. The best part is how inexpensive it is to attend and get out of the heat.
    It looked like the Superdome chairs to me. I am aware the game is played in arenas like basketball but every now and then, like for the final 4, they play basketball in domes too. At any rate, it was EMPTY.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    People pay money to watch cars go fast in a circle. After that, I'll believe anything.
    Ha! Good one.

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFanz View Post
    I like watching it. It's a good off-season sport to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Its a ton of fun to go to!
    Sorry, just not compelling to me in the slightest.