Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: UCLA to start rFR Hundley at QB

God I admire you.

UCLA to start rFR Hundley at QB

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8257685

By Friday, he had apparently seen enough and a day after his comments about public safety at UCLA created a national stir, he named Hundley as the starter via press release on an off day during training camp, six days before Mora's self-declared Aug. 16 deadline to name a starter.

"Brett has consistently demonstrated the qualities we value in a starting quarterback and is an outstanding leader who commands the respect of his teammates," Mora said in a statement. "He has shown excellent decision-making skills, and his accuracy and timing continue to improve with each practice. In addition, he has shown the mobility and creativity needed when a play breaks down."

Hundley, a redshirt freshman who was among the top high school quarterbacks in the nation in 2010. He is 6-foot-3, 223 pounds and is a dual threat with his arm and his legs. He said Friday that he wasn't worrying about the quarterback competition as much as improving as a player.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

As FLAS knows this kid came out of the state of Arizona highly, highly regarded....only one point from being a 5-star on rivals....arguably the best dual-threat QB of the 2011 class....with that being said he will be learning under fire and I expect our D to do well against him even with it being a home game for UCLA...

Was ranked the #72 player in the nation in that class....

Would not be surprised to see him as a four year starter at UCLA...if his offense line holds up and keeps him from getting beat up to much....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    As FLAS knows this kid came out of the state of Arizona highly, highly regarded....only one point from being a 5-star on rivals....arguably the best dual-threat QB of the 2011 class....with that being said he will be learning under fire and I expect our D to do well against him even with it being a hoem game for UCLA...

Was ranked the #72 player in the nation in that class....

Would not be surprised to see him as a four year starter at UCLA...if his offense line holds up and keeps him from getting beat up to much....
    Agreed. He may turn out to be a great one, but I like getting him in his second start.

All American
    Fresh meat!
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.

Bo's D should keep them in check; however, a freshman QB has torched them before.

UCLA's O-line is not very good....their D line is their strength....so Hundley is not going to get much help....

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Husker View Post
    Bo's D should keep them in check; however, a freshman QB has torched them before.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Blackshirt
    Doesn't matter who the QB is, it is likely to be hard fought victory for the Huskers!

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Husker View Post
    Yea, that Braxton Miller kid was doing just fine against NU until the football god's smote him.

This Hundley kid could be trouble, but I have a feeling defense will do just fine.

Blackshirt
    2 words that always make me nervous as a husker fan: duel threat.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Blackshirt
    [QUOTE=Red Reign;1013157]UCLA's O-line is not very good....their D line is their strength....so Hundley is not going to get much help....[/QUOTlineman

Can't be much different than Northwestern 2011.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

All American
    I think the D-line did better against mobile QB's with the containment strategy (VT 2009).
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    I think the D-line did better against mobile QB's with the containment strategy (VT 2009).
    ...and Suh.

Red Shirt
    I don't understand why no one is worried about this kid.

Mobile QBs are Bo's kryptonite.