Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These polls are used to drive the liberal narrative.

Scout Team

These polls are used to drive the liberal narrative.

No mind that Gallup and Rasmussen tell a totally different story, no mind that the CNN poll was debunked what matters simply is get a poll out there then write stories off of them to show despair and panic.

This story was written and then referenced these polls which are in direct contrast of two polling operations who are using models that don't skew the electorate to fit an unrealistic voting model.

Even here people read the polls without even looking at the methodology and then cry the sky is falling. The empirical evidence (Walker turnout,The Missouri turnout, the huge ChickFil-A turnout) shows an invigorated Republican base which is getting under polled and underestimated.

http://news.yahoo.com/veepstakes-why...175800710.html

If these people really believe that Romney who polls up 5 points in Colorado and 2 points in Iowa (2 states Obama won handily) but is down 9 points nationally, they are nuts.

pray for me ;)
    Yeah, those polls are full of crap. So are the Gallup and Rasmussen.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Rebel Alliance
    Only pole that matters is Nov 6th
    As government gets bigger people get smaller

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Only pole that matters is Nov 6th
    Actually, I think the final football poll comes out on December 3rd.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Society Crazy Indeed
    anyone else think its funny the polls are used to drive lib narrative and the right uses it to complain and hows its used to push...

Anyhoo thanks for posting it...otherwise i wouldnt have known cause I do not look at the polls

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Yet Fox News has Obama up by 9 points....when did they become liberial? So Fox News is driving the liberial narrative?....cool.....

Lets be honest Romney is in trouble....and has less than 90 days to turn it around....and right now it ain't looking so good....no matter how you try to spin it....

You really know he is in trouble if Fox News has Obama up by 9.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...support-slips/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Nope...after the MNC game...

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Actually, I think the final football poll comes out on December 3rd.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Nope...after the MNC game...
    But that one is technically irrelevant. I meant the one that matters most.

Gotcha...

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    But that one is technically irrelevant. I meant the one that matters most.

You do have to disregard the outlier polls. But there has been some movement in Obama's favor the last two weeks in the aggregate polls. Romney has pulled some good numbers though in the individual battleground states.

Right now, the numbers show Obama with about a 2.5 to 3 point advantage and leading in about 3/4 of the battleground states. For Romney to win, something is going to have to reverse that trend. Stomping your feet and declaring that a liberal conspiracy is afoot is not going to change that.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

As for the VP pick, I still think Rubio would be a fine choice. I'd have no problem with the so-called boring picks of Pawlenty or Portman. Christie will not be the VP pick. Ryan is about a 100 to 1 shot. I think Jindal or Thune are more likely than either of them.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    You do have to disregard the outlier polls. But there has been some movement in Obama's favor the last two weeks in the aggregate polls. Romney has pulled some good numbers though in the individual battleground states.

Right now, the numbers show Obama with about a 2.5 to 3 point advantage and leading in about 3/4 of the battleground states. For Romney to win, something is going to have to reverse that trend. Stomping your feet and declaring that a liberal conspiracy is afoot is not going to change that.
    The problem is people believe what they see on TV. That is why Romney is getting hurt.

The past 2 weeks ads have run in Ohio saying Romney killed a guys wife and has not paid taxes in ten years.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Polls are bs since a huge section of the country don't have landline phones anymore.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by bugeater61 View Post
    Polls are bs since a huge section of the country don't have landline phones anymore.
    They don't just call landlines anymore. Welcome to the 21st century.

Scout Team
    . Ryan is about a 100 to 1 shot. I think Jindal or Thune are more likely than either of them.
    Uh, you sure about that ?

Scout Team

Hardly stomping my feet, but I am also trying to balance out your sky is falling post in the CNN poll thread. Your crystal ball is often cloudy and it is again here.

You are badly misreading the electorate and the intensity of the Republican turnout . Maybe like Ryan being a 100-1 shot, don't quit your day job , even if he doesn't pick Ryan to suggest a finalist for the vp slot is a 100-1 shot is politically naive.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    anyone else think its funny the polls are used to drive lib narrative and the right uses it to complain and hows its used to push...

Anyhoo thanks for posting it...otherwise i wouldnt have known cause I do not look at the polls
    That article I linked was a story on the sky is falling regarding Romney and how things are falling apart on the same day the most accurate pollster of the decade has Romney up 4 points. Dod you think that stuff can be written if they use the Rasmussen poll ?

Recruit
    As for the VP pick, I still think Rubio would be a fine choice. I'd have no problem with the so-called boring picks of Pawlenty or Portman. Christie will not be the VP pick. Ryan is about a 100 to 1 shot. I think Jindal or Thune are more likely than either of them.
    Just got a text from the Romney campaign that the VP will be announced tomorrow morning. I think Romey wants someone with Executive experience so my guess is ... Gov Bob McDonell of Virginia.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by all4bigred View Post
    Just got a text from the Romney campaign that the VP will be announced tomorrow morning. I think Romey wants someone with Executive experience so my guess is ... Gov Bob McDonell of Virginia.
    Announcing the pick from the USS Wisconsin, hmmmmmmmm, know anyone from Wisconsin ? The Gov would be a great choice also

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yet Fox News has Obama up by 9 points....when did they become liberial? So Fox News is driving the liberial narrative?....cool.....

Lets be honest Romney is in trouble....and has less than 90 days to turn it around....and right now it ain't looking so good....no matter how you try to spin it....

You really know he is in trouble if Fox News has Obama up by 9.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...support-slips/
    930 registered voters, including additional interviews (an oversample) of 115 randomly selected Hispanics.

Democrat 44% Republican 35%

That is the methodology from your Fox link. If you think that Dems are going to turnout larger in 2012 than in 2008 that is just crazy talk.