Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Serious sexual harrassment charges against Dept. of Homeland Security

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W

Serious sexual harrassment charges against Dept. of Homeland Security

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1133207

James Hayes Jr., who now is New York’s top Homeland Security cop, claims Napolitano filled top spots in Washington, D.C., with two of her gal pals who were bent on tormenting male employees.

The suit identified them as Dora Schriro, who is now running the city Department of Correction, and Suzanne Barr, the chief of staff for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Soon after Schriro and Barr were hired in January 2009, male staffers were treated like lapdogs, Hayes claims.

Barr “moved the entire contents of the offices of three employees, including name plates, computers and telephones, to the men’s bathroom at ICE headquarters,” the suit says.

Barr also stole a male staffer’s BlackBerry and fired off a message to his female supervisor indicating that he “had a crush on [her] and fantasized about her,” Hayes claims.

Sometimes, Barr took a more direct approach. In one case, she called a male colleague in his hotel room and screamed at him using sexually humiliating language, the suit says.

Hayes claims that after he reported the abuse to the Equal Employment Opportunity office, Napolitano launched a series of misconduct investigations against him.

Two things.

First, sexual harassment and sexual discrimination can definitely go in both directions.

Second, never rely too heavily on the veracity of a complaint alleging either. I've read dozens of such complaints over the course of my career, and dozens more alleging other types of discrimination. I've seen less than ten where the truth was anywhere close to the allegations.

I'm not denying that discrimination isn't very real in the workplace. It absolutely is. It's just that, in my experience, employment plaintiff's attorneys tend to have a real penchant for embellishing their complaints with fiction.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Two things.

First, sexual harassment and sexual discrimination can definitely go in both directions.

Second, never rely too heavily on the veracity of a complaint alleging either. I've read dozens of such complaints over the course of my career, and dozens more alleging other types of discrimination. I've seen less than ten where the truth was anywhere close to the allegations.

I'm not denying that discrimination isn't very real in the workplace. It absolutely is. It's just that, in my experience, employment plaintiff's attorneys tend to have a real penchant for embellishing their complaints with fiction.
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

Interestingly, the lawsuit was supposedly first reported by debbieschlussel.com.

If you remember, Debbie Schlussel was the woman that accused Tom Osborne of harassing her back in 2001.
    http://mobile.wnd.com/2001/08/10338/

First-class **********, IMO.

Administrator
    Well look at that. A 2nd person has filed sexual harrassment charges. I am sure they are working one and one to get a big pay out.....

A second employee at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement is suing Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano over claims his career was curtailed due to anti-male bias at the agency.
    Jason Mount alleges in court papers that he was denied 43 promotions because he’s a white male and that he took a lower-grade job because of “how serious the discrimination and retaliation had become,” according to The New York Post.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz23M4MnJKt

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)