Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The current 2 deep OL

it would be almost impossible for him to be back in Florida, but either way this is not good ....at all

Quote Originally Posted by KleinTxHusker View Post
    I thought the Hail Varsity article on TM was very bizarre... And then I saw the head line of the deleted thread... I hope there is nothing there...

I have been a long time defender of BC and Bo... And Cally before that... And Frank... And Tom before that... I hope I am not wrong in this case...

My concern regarding our coaches is how do you just discover that Choi and Long... Especially the former are among your best players?
    I'm beginning to think that it might not be a bad thing if all the extra coaches working the OL are to maintain continuity when the senior coach is gone.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 215Husker View Post
    Not sounding good, trying to confirm if he is already back in Florida. In the end I think his bloodlines will bring him back to Husker nation.
    If he's really gone, following the recent departure of two other second year players (Klachko and Green), it seems like the coaches either are doing something to drive away players, or are recruiting guys without the gumption to hang tough.
    Neither interpretation is complimentary.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    The chatter doesn't sound good. fwiw
    This is bad news, even if he returns.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    If he's really gone, following the recent departure of two other second year players (Klachko and Green), it seems like the coaches either are doing something to drive away players, or are recruiting guys without the gumption to hang tough.
    Neither interpretation is complimentary.
    Careful....

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 215Husker View Post
    Not sounding good, trying to confirm if he is already back in Florida. In the end I think his bloodlines will bring him back to Husker nation.
    That would be quick if he left practice this morning and is already back in Florida? Hopefully there isn't anything to this... we'll be waiting to hear more! Thanks 215.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by KleinTxHusker View Post
    I thought the Hail Varsity article on TM was very bizarre... And then I saw the head line of the deleted thread... I hope there is nothing there...

I have been a long time defender of BC and Bo... And Cally before that... And Frank... And Tom before that... I hope I am not wrong in this case...

My concern regarding our coaches is how do you just discover that Choi and Long... Especially the former are among your best players?
    The mod's probably ought to delete the thread titles too....to make sure we are completely unaware of these "rumors" that keep coming up.

Take a big breath maam

I don't know...but if walk ons compose 40% of your starting OL what does that say? I know the romantics on the board love it.
    I hear you... but if a 4 or 5 star can't beat them out... I mean Long was widely recognized last year, as was Caputo... and our offense seemed to move the ball better when Choi was in there... So who do we believe... the stars or our lying eyes?

Is Bo every bit as much a sucker for the "metrics" system as Cally? Measurables? He can't be good because he doesn't have the body type (hey this is college ball, not the NFL)... Aaron Taylor certainly didn't have the "measurables"...and alll he did was win the Outland... I mean Cally had Lucky (5*) ahead of Helu (3*)... Keller ahead of Ganz... The best players need to play... if a 5* isn;t and a walk on is... the 5* should sit... If the 5* needs a redshirt, the 5* should redshirt (remember Dean Steinkuhler redshirted... of course he came out of 8 man)...

TO got criticized a lot for some of his early personnel decisions... he sat a Transfer at Guard who got taken in the second round of the draft (but didn't last in the NFL)... an eventual 10 year NFL veteran transferred when he got beat out by a walk-on...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204787654

http://broncoshistory.blogspot.com/2...th-bishop.html

http://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/2...lice-officers/

I am not sure what is going on... but I sense that people who get to play first are playing based on who they are as opposed to what they have shown... and kids with "metrics" and "stars" are being put out on the field when they really aren't ready...

Heathen
    The chatter doesn't sound good. fwiw
    I am not sure I am buying it when this is released this morning

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1210208.html

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    I am not sure I am buying it when this is released this morning

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1210208.html
    something happened and whatever comes from it its not good

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=204&f=4511&t=9218550

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    something happened and whatever comes from it its not good

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=204&f=4511&t=9218550
    Nothing more than what rumors and innuendos have been "reported" here.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Nothing more than what rumors and innuendos have been "reported" here.
    these things dont usually appear without merit

Husker Fan

Yeah...like almost never. Not saying the guy is gone....but based on all that's been floating around....seems like he might be gone.

Recruit

I'm not seeing the article or deleted headline that is being referenced.

What is the rumor?

Edit: Nevermind. Found the info.
    "Jim, Sometimes the flowers arrange themselves." - Robert California

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    You know, it's been right under our noses the whole time, but we were distracted by other things. We thought we knew what the problem was, but it turns out we were wrong.

Bo Pelini is not a werewolf. Barney Cotton is. That's one clever sonuvagun to keep it hidden for this long. Ryan Klatchko and Tyler Moore knew it all along but didn't realize just how dangerous a werewolf can be until they saw "Teen Wolf" a couple weeks ago. They started putting the pieces together, and it began making sense. After all, how can you explain Barney Cotton's bushy mustache in his official photo? And the fact that "Teen Wolf" was set in Beacon Town, NEBRASKA?

I wonder if all the other schools go through this every time a kid moves on. If their coaches get accused of being uncompromising with their principles. Alabama lost a big time quarterback and then lost Marrow a top five recruit at his position in the same year. Others too if you look close. The way I see it is that some coaches are very set in their ways and won't be played.

Kids at major programs see the many bodies they have to pass to get on the field and bolt. I don't see this as being exclusive to Nebraska, just big time programs with lots of bodies and kids in a big hurry with their time running out. I hear the chatter from every program. Some kids can't wait. Most are impatient. Youngsters are that way. Osborne went through the same things. It was all his fault he had a mature walkon program that brough 20 to 25 extra kids in every year. 28 players battling for five slots. Those without a chair when the music stops get nervous. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    I wonder if all the other schools go through this every time a kid moves on. If their coaches get accused of being uncompromising with their principles. Alabama lost a big time quarterback and then lost Marrow a top five recruit at his position in the same year. Others too if you look close. The way I see it is that some coaches are very set in their ways and won't be played.

Kids at major programs see the many bodies they have to pass to get on the field and bolt. I don't see this as being exclusive to Nebraska, just big time programs with lots of bodies and kids in a big hurry with their time running out. I hear the chatter from every program. Some kids can't wait. Most are impatient. Youngsters are that way. Osborne went through the same things. It was all his fault he had a mature walkon program that brough 20 to 25 extra kids in every year. 28 players battling for five slots. Those without a chair when the music stops get nervous. That's life.

The one team mentioned in this post (Bama) or any top 5 program for that matter has enough talent / depth to absorb some defections ... NU does not, Two firm, possibly three top recruits leaving the program and it's all on the player in that they can't be patient? Coaches have absolutely no hand in this significant problem? So do all three (if true) have character issues? As I thought NU only recruited high character guys..?

Heathen
    /shrug

Considering what I have heard, and who from, this is nothing more than outsiders with nothing better to do than to create a stir where there is nothing. If you follow every avenue you hit a dead end.

Life is hard

Scout Team

Actually they do, all the time. They are just forgotten like they didn't happen when it doesn't turn out to be true.