Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The current 2 deep OL

The current 2 deep OL

Just posting for those that may be intrested how the line stands as of now.

First team
    RT: Sirles
    RG: Long
    C: Pensick
    LG: Choi
    LT: Moore

second team
    RT: Arod
    RG:Reeves
    C: JAckson
    LG: Cotton
    LT: Qvale

Tyler Moore is going to be one of the Husker greats before he is done...

Really like the depth we are building....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity

Aweome - not a ton of surprises. Jackson at second string center is somewhat surprising I suppose. And ARod is working his tail off to get to that starting spot. I think Moore has a spot all but solidified and Sirles and ARod are going to battle all season.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Aweome - not a ton of surprises. Jackson at second string center is somewhat surprising I suppose. And ARod is working his tail off to get to that starting spot. I think Moore has a spot all but solidified and Sirles and ARod are going to battle all season.
    Yeah, as long as both Sirles and Arod are able to stay healthy through the whole year. Is Reeves officially moved to G - no more C? I really hope by looking at this group that we have 8-10 guys who are mostly interchangeable and will see the field, especially Qvale after all he's gone through.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Blackshirt
    I'm certainly not trying to dispute what you know, 215. I've said it before, you're imo THE most credible source on this site. However, according to Dave Revisine of the BTN who attended practice Thursday, he has the OL rotation as:

According to Revsine, the first five offensive linemen out were: LT Qvale, LG Choi, C Pensick, RG Long, and RT Sirles.
    The second unit was: LT Moore (more on him here), LG Cotton, C Pelini, RG Price, and RT Rodriguez.

http://hailvarsity.com/2012/08/pieci...e-depth-chart/

Just wanted to add what other info was available. I guess we'll all know for sure soon enough.
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red93 View Post
    I'm certainly not trying to dispute what you know, 215. I've said it before, you're imo THE most credible source on this site. However, according to Dave Revisine of the BTN who attended practice Thursday, he has the OL rotation as:

According to Revsine, the first five offensive linemen out were: LT Qvale, LG Choi, C Pensick, RG Long, and RT Sirles.
    The second unit was: LT Moore (more on him here), LG Cotton, C Pelini, RG Price, and RT Rodriguez.

Just wanted to add what other info was available. I guess we'll all know for sure soon enough.
    I read that article too but I just can't fathom Moore not have one of the two starting tackles spots. I think Qvale is a bit of a swing guy - can play multiple spots and is also a bit injury prone.

This group is THE key to a successful season. If they can run block, keep TM upright and do so without significant help from TE's and Fullbacks we'll have a dynamic offense.
    The life you lead is the life you teach!

Scout Team
    I would assume Arod is the first man in at any position excluding center if any of the first unit goes down. No?

Old Timer

In that same article, Revsine has this disclaimer.

Dave Revsine @BTNDaveRevsine Again the caveat - can't read too much into these rotations - my experience is it often changes - but some people had asked. #Huskers
    I expect that the personnel manning the top two units are pretty fluid at this time and I also believe that is a very good situation for the offense. I cannot visualize a situation where Moore would be considered a "#2" with the way he finished the season last year.

Blackshirt
    For the record, I'll take 215's word over Dave Revisine's 100 out of 100 times
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Old Timer

For the record, I'll take 215's word over Dave Revisine's 100 out of 100 times
    No argument there!!

Varsity
    best part, only a couple seniors

Quote Originally Posted by 215Husker View Post
    Just posting for those that may be intrested how the line stands as of now.

First team
    RT: Sirles
    RG: Long
    C: Pensick
    LG: Choi
    LT: Moore

second team
    RT: Arod
    RG:Reeves
    C: JAckson
    LG: Cotton
    LT: Qvale

Like said, it's a fluid situation. The coaches themselves saying it's mixing and matching until they see what combinations work best. The good thing is most all of them have starts and game time action. Remember how it used to be when the second string wasn't too different than the first. It sounds like Pensick has some serious strength and we already know Choi is a M1 tank. With the collective multitude of experience and the extra reps from two coaches things have returned to what we use to know as normal. I said a couple of months back don't be too surprised if we have more than just Long with post season honors. Less bad steps this year. Less penalties with experience. Playing faster with confidence. It's all good.

Scout Team

The biggest surprise on that list for me is Price at #2 RG. A redshirt freshman, and barely 18 to boot.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wcbsas View Post
    I read that article too but I just can't fathom Moore not have one of the two starting tackles spots. I think Qvale is a bit of a swing guy - can play multiple spots and is also a bit injury prone.

This group is THE key to a successful season. If they can run block, keep TM upright and do so without significant help from TE's and Fullbacks we'll have a dynamic offense.
    I almost thought that having Qvale at LT was a good sign, cause it would seem that Moore is a stud and if someone is challenging him, even if early in fall camp, it is a good sign for depth at the position.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Tyler Moore is going to be one of the Husker greats before he is done...
    or not...

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    or not...
    I thought the Hail Varsity article on TM was very bizarre... And then I saw the head line of the deleted thread... I hope there is nothing there...

I have been a long time defender of BC and Bo... And Cally before that... And Frank... And Tom before that... I hope I am not wrong in this case...

My concern regarding our coaches is how do you just discover that Choi and Long... Especially the former are among your best players?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KleinTxHusker View Post
    I thought the Hail Varsity article on TM was very bizarre... And then I saw the head line of the deleted thread... I hope there is nothing there...

I have been a long time defender of BC and Bo... And Cally before that... And Frank... And Tom before that... I hope I am not wrong in this case...

My concern regarding our coaches is how do you just discover that Choi and Long... Especially the former are among your best players?

I don't know...but if walk ons compose 40% of your starting OL what does that say? I know the romantics on the board love it.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KleinTxHusker View Post
    The chatter doesn't sound good. fwiw

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    The chatter doesn't sound good. fwiw
    Ain't worth much yet - first day of two-a-days. Hope it gets better...
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Not sounding good, trying to confirm if he is already back in Florida. In the end I think his bloodlines will bring him back to Husker nation.