Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price

Administrator

Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price

The CEO and founder of Papa John's pizza wants investors to know that when the president's health care law takes effect, the price of pizza is going up with it.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/papa-johns-john-schnatter-obamacare-pizza-prices/story?id=16962891#.UCPLAol5mc0

This is one reason why business is not hiring. They don't know how much this bill will cost them.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

All Legend
    What's the guys excuse for skimping on the toppings...

I tend to believe that if I order a pep and mushroom pizza, I should be able to taste them in everybite.

Society Crazy Indeed
    lol

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Society Crazy Indeed
    yes its the reason business are not hiring 16 year old to cook and deliver pizza.....[inappropriate reference deleted by Chitown]

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

pray for me ;)
    A nickle, maybe a dime increase every pie maybe?
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    What's the guys excuse for skimping on the toppings...

I tend to believe that if I order a pep and mushroom pizza, I should be able to taste them in everybite.
    Take bigger bites.

Heisman

[response to inappropriate reference deleted by Chitown]

Society Crazy Indeed
    [inappropriate reference deleted]

hey man I'm tired...I've worked my ass off today....What have you done? Well I had to mow the lawn, take out the trash, clean the deck and then had to go to the store for beer....[inappropriate reference deleted]

Guess i wont say things like that for the race sensitive folk.

All Big 10
    With the requirement that business with more than 50 employees provide coverage, it's inevitable that those businesses who haven't in the past (or like some fast foods, have provided only mini plans), are going to have significant additional cost.

That's obviously a cost. Restaurants already incur costs of other regulations, like meeting sanitary food prep standards. One could only say from a public policy perspective it's worth it, or it's not.

It does raise the issue whether or not Obama made the right decision of how to spend his initial political capital in a time of economic crisis. Rahm and Nancy convinced him this was the best way.

Heisman

[response to inappropriate reference deleted]

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Sorry Pops, it DOES tend to make one sensitive when virtually any and all criticism of Obama and his policies is met with cries of "racist!!!" from the left, I guess.

I hear yeah but was not my intention at all.
    I think its a joke people do that....

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Yes. I think I read it was just over a dime a pie, or the low teens. It comes from their financial calculations prepared for stockholders.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Yes. I think I read it was just over a dime a pie, or the low teens. It comes from their financial calculations prepared for stockholders.
    I can see where that would make a difference when you are already charging too much for awful pizza.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I can see it now... people are gonna be saying, "gee, I would have ordered pizza tonight, but that FOURTEEN CENTS is just too much for me".

Better go get DiGiorno instead.

You used to not have to pay a "delivery charge" either, but now chains are boinking everybody for $2-3 bucks just for that.