Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: BTBR: Meet the Johnny Stanton of Tight Ends for Nebraska: Beau Sandland

Thumbs up BTBR: Meet the Johnny Stanton of Tight Ends for Nebraska: Beau Sandland

Kudos to Husker Locker for this 'free' article from our own Born To Be Red........very good stuff by him indeed....

Just a short highlight as you can read the rest of a very thoughtful article at the link below....and please do click on it so BTBR can write more of these types of articles...

What His Commit Would Mean to Nebraska:
    You can look at this commit one of two ways:

First, consider what he offers to Beck’s offense. He’s a phenomenal athlete with size, speed, good hands and would play immediately.

Second, landing Sandland would be a big step for Nebraska’s recruiting much in the same way that landing Johnny Stanton was. Stanton was an Elite 11 quarterback finalist while Sandland is among the top JUCO talent in the entire country. Both play positions of severe need for the Huskers. We’re now seeing top-level athletes choosing Nebraska that haven’t before in Pelini’s tenure.

Finally, he could extend the Huskers’ reputation for success with junior college players. While the most notable successes as of late have been on defense, a strong two-year campaign by Sandland could strengthen the perception on the offensive side opening the potential for quick fixes in the future.

http://www.huskerlocker.com/articles...nebraska-25310
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I still think we are in in the drivers seat for him....and the sooner he shows up with his mom the better...

Red Shirt

a 3 to play 2 guy whos biggest competition for reps will be gone. now thats isnt to disrespect our other TE on the roster, but he just has considerably more talent and experience at this point, just hope he can learn the system, stay healthy this fall, and possibly transfer in Jan
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

He is not coming into sit or RS as I know you know...a 5-star talent who would make an immediate impact....he is that good...and I agree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Power of Corn View Post
    a 3 to play 2 guy whos biggest competition for reps will be gone. now thats isnt to disrespect our other TE on the roster, but he just has considerably more talent and experience at this point, just hope he can learn the system, stay healthy this fall, and possibly transfer in Jan

Thanks for linking, RR. Very much appreciated.

All American

3 for 2 isn't as important here as being a December grad. That is HUGE. He could be here for spring ball.

This might be the most important guy on the board from here on out. I also agree with Red Reign, I think he will be "N". There just can't be a better situation out there anywhere.

Red Shirt

Welcome Mr. Sandland to the Big Red Family. Now all you gotta do is say i'm headed to NEBRASKA. GBR! Thanks for the info RR.
    He is definetly a guy we are in need of, can't wait to see him play... for us of course.

Husker Immortal
    Nice article BTBR. Sandland looks like a must get.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

I hope very much that TM has at least a decent year of throwing the ball. If NU doesn't throw well this year, IMO, it will weaken the chances of Sandland committing. That, again IMO, could be a large part of the whole pie for him. I think he will want to showcase his talents for his chances at the NFL.