Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: NBC Experts Analyze Canada's Melissa Tancredi Stomping On Carli Lloyd's Head

Hybrid View

NBC Experts Analyze Canada's Melissa Tancredi Stomping On Carli Lloyd's Head

I thought this one deserved its own thread....an unsportsman like act like this is about as low as it gets....word is Tancredi may not be able to play in Canada's Bronze Medal Game as it appears FIFA is involved....hell she should not be playing in any games for Canada for quite sometime for this....

Looks like the media in the USA is finally starting to pick this up....have not seen any press on this in Canada...I suspect we will not unless she is suspended....

Watch it here:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/soc...y.html?cid=rss

Here are some photo's:

http://tdn.com/sports/olympics/blogs...a4492bc3a.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

More:

Yet Tancredi still felt it reasonable to accuse referee Christina Pederson of fixing the match to her face during the game. From the Toronto Sun:
    When asked what she said to Pederson after the call [that led to the penalty], she said: "I hope you can sleep tonight and put on your American jersey because that's who you played for today. I was honest."

http://tdn.com/sports/olympics/blogs...a4492bc3a.html

Have you seen the brutal stomp from Canada’s Melissa Tancredi on Carli Lloyd’s head?

The bold nails it....like I said this one is just starting to take off....

Looks like most of us missed this one. Lost (for me, at least) in the dramatic hullabaloo of it all, and in my flying-fingers effort to explain some of soccer’s laws in context, I completely missed Melissa Tancredi’s brutal indiscretion during the second half of Monday’s U.S.-Canada match.

No question this stomp, in the 55th minute Monday, should have been a straight red – and probably would have been so if spotted by any of the match officials.

If nothing else, this should quiet any of the conspiracy silliness, or the allegations of match fixing. Because if there was ever a justifiable way for a referee to reduce one side to 10 men, this would have been it.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...head-stomping/

Administrator

NBC Experts Analyze Canada's Melissa Tancredi Stomping On Carli Lloyd's Head

This blows my mind, all day they keep talking about the 6 second hold but only touch the head stomp.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

I think with the furor over the other incident the media missed it...allot of us saw it on here....but for what ever reason with the furor it got missed...until this afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    This blows my mind, all day they keep talking about the 6 second hold but only touch the head stomp.