Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Klachko Comments On Twitter On Leaving Nebraska

Klachko Comments On Twitter On Leaving Nebraska

Interesting....a shot back in a sense at Bo....the mold/culture thing anyway....

Ryan Klachko@RyanklachkoThis wasn’t about being “lazy” or not fitting a mold. Im a lot of things and lazy is not one of them.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity
    Did Bo say he was lazy?

No....I'm sure that there has been some internet flack about him though and that is probably what he is responding too....

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    Did Bo say he was lazy?

Scout Team
    Yeah, I never took Bo's comments to mean that Klachko was lazy.

Bo said it was a culture thing. All the Husker players drive Fords and Klachko wanted a Chevy. Who knows?

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    No....I'm sure that there has been some internet flack about him though and that is probably what he is responding too....
    You are correct, but I am sure a lot of people interpreted Bo's comments as equating to laziness. The statement probably could have been worded a little differently.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Blackshirt
    John Supinie@JohnSupinie Former SHG offensive lineman Ryan Klachko attends #illini practice Tuesday morning. Left Nebraska but not yet ready to comment.
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Big Ten rules require him to sit two years for an inconference transfer....unless something was worked out....and he has used his RS year....

Quote Originally Posted by Red93 View Post
    John Supinie@JohnSupinie Former SHG offensive lineman Ryan Klachko attends #illini practice Tuesday morning. Left Nebraska but not yet ready to comment.

A Lion Eye@ALionEyeI spy Nebraska transfer Ryan Klachko observing practice today. In tshirt and shorts just watching.

From doing a bit of quick research it looks like Illinois is where he may land....awaiting word from the NCAA on transfer etc.

As to the elgibility and transfer issue saw this....interesting....if he transfered anywhere he has to sit a year and loses elgibility so this cannot be correct...will be interesting to see where this goes....

Originally Posted by IlliniJim20
    Now that Nebraska is in the Big Ten, doens't that mean Klachko has to pay his own way if he transfers? Or is he a 5th year graduation guy?

BTW, how does the Big Ten handle the 5th year grad transfers? The NCAA allows them of course, but does the Big Ten allow this transfer to happen within conference?
    No he can be on scholly but it costs him a year of eligibility whereas if he transferred outside the conference he would still have 4 years after this to play. Now this upcoming year he has to sit out will be his RS Freshman year so he will be a RS Soph. next year and have 3 years left.

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forum...ad.php?t=18302

Blackshirt
    I've circled 10/5/13 on my calendar already - Not that Klatchko is that big of a deal, but I'm anxious to get after him if he transfers within the B1G

Husker Fan

The "culture" thing implied something...and it's not flattering to Klatchko. The reality is, unless there's public issues (i.e. arrests, etc.), Bo would have been better off just saying "He decided to transfer and he's been given his release. We wish him the best."

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Red93 View Post
    I've circled 10/5/13 on my calendar already - Not that Klatchko is that big of a deal, but I'm anxious to get after him if he transfers within the B1G
    You play DL for NU?

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    You play DL for NU?
    By proxy, of course - but that did make me laugh out loud

Travel Squad

The "culture" thing implied something...and it's not flattering to Klatchko. The reality is, unless there's public issues (i.e. arrests, etc.), Bo would have been better off just saying "He decided to transfer and he's been given his release. We wish him the best."
    And then have people rip him for not being more open to the media

All Legend
    I agree, and I noticed it when he said it. Bo is generally very good about this, IMO. Made me think whatever it was was a very current issue.

Not a huge deal though.