Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Braylon Heard has spent all 3 practices at RB

Braylon Heard has spent all 3 practices at RB

This was pretty much predicted with Green leaving....although Cross has been very impressive early.....

Beck also said that sophomore Braylon Heard has spent all three of Nebraska’s practices thus far at running back.

http://hailvarsity.com/2012/08/pract...ort-day-three/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    good to have the triplets back together

Varsity
    I said before, once I heard that Heard was moving back to the offense, that he would be exactly there. This staff doesn't believe in having players practice two different position hardly. Especially if one of those positions is in the complex area of Bo's defense. Either he would be a DB or he'll be something else. Hell, it was said that a certain WR would be practicing at QB.......how did that turn out last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    good to have the triplets back together
    Aaron Green left. I suppose that Imani Cross could step into that role, but he's a year younger.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Aaron Green left. I suppose that Imani Cross could step into that role, but he's a year younger.
    Well technically, Heard was a year older......so fair game....
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Starter
    Rex graduates after this season. Who is going to be THE man next year?

I'm hopeful that Imani Cross becomes Rx's eventual replacement.

Abdullah is perfect in a return-man role, 3rd down receiver back, backup to RB but I do not beleive he's capable of becoming the lead back next year.
    The life you lead is the life you teach!

Blackshirt
    That diamond formation is gonna look SWEET with Rex, Imani and Ameer back there!
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Abdullah reminds me of Roy Helu a bit - he's the speedster to Rex's power running. I feel like we perform our best when we have a power back and a speed back. That's not to say that Rex is like a fullback, he's just got a little more "trucking" and technique opposed to top-flight speed.

I think Abdullah and Imani Cross will be a fierce duo in 2013.

Season Speed Back Power Back
    2010 Helu Burkhead
    2011 Abdullah Burkhead
    2012 Abdullah Burkhead
    2013 Abdullah? Cross?

Blackshirt
    Here's a cool pic with Rex, Ameer and Braylon Neb_flag.jpg
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

The backs will have to have a team attitude rather than the Me, approach. Burkhead, Abdullah, Heard, Marrow, Cross and several good looking freshmen and walkons means somebodys going to have to have a lot of patience real soon. On paper, any of them could play for a lot of schools. Green must have seen the writing on the wall. It is however a position with great attrition. Iowa goes through running backs like they own a factory that produces them by the dozens. A few years back they went through five of them in a season due to injuries. Lately they have found some with a lack of character. So many I can't recall all their names. You can never have too many. Patience grasshopper.

i think braylon could come out of fall camp as #2 behind burkhead. wasnt braylon ahead of the others then went out with a injury? maybe not tho

Red Shirt
    Best news from camp so far! When Bo commented about him possibly still playing defense, I was concerned. Even though he spent the spring at corner, he should have a good understanding of the offense this year.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    i think braylon could come out of fall camp as #2 behind burkhead. wasnt braylon ahead of the others then went out with a injury? maybe not tho
    my guess is that spot will be reserved for ameer, but i am a heard fan, i love the way he runs (vertical and fearless) i hope he works out at RB and sees the field, it would be nice to limit rex's carries, especially with a lead

Starter

Good news...playing him both ways would be a mistake, IMO.

Great news! He was/is my favorite of the trio. I remember him having a pretty impressive run early last season where you could really see how well he uses his blockers. It was only maybe 15 yards, but it was definitely reminiscent of a particular former Omaha born back.

DuckTown, I think Marrow will be a regular in the power back / short yardage situations.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    I'm glad someone else notice that other than myself. Braylon looked to be the more complete back of the 3 last season, though they all didn't have many opportunities to show their worth. But Braylon showed the vision, speed, & power to be an every down back. His injury came at the worst time for him last season. During his short stint on the other side of the ball, Ameer (whom was crowned the speed back in this thread), quoted that he was shocked at how fast Braylon really was. Said that he knew he was fast but didn't realize he "had it like that".