Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Mike Schaefer (247) Talks Recruiting On Sports Nightly (8-6-12)--Some Good Stuff

Exclamation Mike Schaefer (247) Talks Recruiting On Sports Nightly (8-6-12)--Some Good Stuff

FYI...

---Discussed Jonathan Rose's transfer from Auburn....tremendous talent....was higher ranked as a DB than Charles Jackson was in the 2011 national class.....went to Auburn where his dad Charles Rose played football....things did not work out there for him....some off the field incidents...the coaches and his family thought it was best to part ways....where Nebraska comes in was through Terry Joseph....who recruited Jonathan at the time go to Tennessee...who was in his top 3 and had a great relationship with Coach Joseph.....respects him as a coach and his high school coach said Joseph did a phenomenal job recruiting him and had he not gone to Auburn would have gone to Tennessee....Coach Joseph reached out to the Rose family letting them know Nebraska was interested in him....the interest is mutual and is has blossomed from there....played in 9 games a true-Frosh.....would have to sit out the 2012 season....would Red Shirt which would give him 3 to play 3.....could spend a year learning the system and step in and compete for a spot at safety....with Stafford and Smith leaving would be perfect timing....his dad said he will make a decision this week...will not take any visits as he is running short on time (RR: to get enrolled for 2012)....not many teams they are considering and expects the decision to be by the end of this week...sounds like Florida State is the only competition....thinks the relationship with Terry Joseph is so strong and his high school coach has spoken about how it would be good for him to leave the South....new experience and change of scenery up at Nebraska....thinks these are the factors pushing toward the Huskers....

---Discussed 5-star JUCO DT Toby Johnson who the Huskers are after from Hutchinson CC in Kansas....had a great time at Nebraska and they solidified their chances to land his commit...has made Suh comparisons....he really looks up too him....both are upper echelon DTs.....would very much like to follow in Suh's footsteps....which is why Nebraska is so appealing to him....will be tough to pull him away from the SEC...has offers from just about every school in that conference....he is from Mississippi....so it will be tough however, Coach 'K' has done a phenomenal job recruiting him....Nebraska will get an official visit....Nebraska should be in it all the way...and Nebraska wants him badly....would be the starter from day one...

---Also looking at JUCO DT Quincy Russell who committed to Texas and did not qualify.....visited Nebraska before committing to Texas....

---Torii Hunter Jr. is visiting this week.....main concern for Huskers is the MLB draft.....may be more inclined to play football though....Nebraska got in on him at the beginning....Ersted knowing his dad will help but there is a ton of competition (Notre Dame, West Virginal, Arkansas etc) so this won't be an easy pull....

---Thinks OT Kenny Lacy is a guy Nebraska needs to throw everything at.....cousin of Marcel Jones....he is very high on Nebraska....will visit for the Wisconsin game....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

#1 Husker Fan
    Thanks as always! Looking at the time of this thread me wonders if Mr. Red ever sleeps!?!?
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red Shirt
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    Good stuff RR, thanks, getting Toby Johnson would be huuuuge!!!
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker North View Post
    Good stuff RR, thanks, getting Toby Johnson would be huuuuge!!!
    At 320+ lbs you aint lying!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What I am hearing is Rose is a done deal...just waiting on the paperwork clearance at Nebraska..could be announced tomorrow....

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    What I am hearing is Rose is a done deal...just waiting on the paperwork clearance at Nebraska..could be announced tomorrow....
    And on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you assess his signing?

A 9....this kid can flat out play...a really BIG pickup for Nebraska.......was ranked the #7 Safety in the country by Rivals....and the #112 player on the Rivals 250 that season...Charles Jackson was the #100 player on the 250....

Give him a year to learn the defense and he is going to be really good...and honestly in a position of real need with Stafford etc graduating after this season...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHusker View Post
    And on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you assess his signing?

Recruit

Thank, RR. I am really encouraged with the talent we're starting to acquire. Methinks it's time to make some noise this year on the field.

Me too....Jon has to sit out 2012 though....

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHusker View Post
    Thank, RR. I am really encouraged with the talent we're starting to acquire. Methinks it's time to make some noise this year on the field.

Recruit

It would be great to see jon at nebraska. Honestly we need him more next year with the loss of pj and courtney and stafford. He is a great pick up if we get him. Kid still has his redshirt!

Are class is look very good if we land all these guys. I cant wait.

I NEED A COMMITMENT OR A TRANSFER!!! ITS BEEN 2 LONG,

Red Shirt
    I hope to hear good news today! A bonus recruit would be nice!!