Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USWNT vs Japan: Olympic Gold Medal Game at Wembley Stadium, Game Thread

All Big 10
    Solo is having a great game, with some real lucky bounces and coverage by her defense. The Japanese keeper is almost as lucky, with the exception of one minor letdown that gave the US the lead. This will be a great game until the final whistle. Two teams that play the game, not the games within the game where flopping, tugging and fouls are the norm.
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

USA looking strong again on the attack....lots of time left in this game....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Solo owes Rampone big time or it would be tired....she has to play the rest of the way were hair on fire or we are in trouble....like I said she scares me....

But yes great game..

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    Solo is having a great game, with some real lucky bounces and coverage by her defense. The Japanese keeper is almost as lucky, with the exception of one minor letdown that gave the US the lead. This will be a great game until the final whistle. Two teams that play the game, not the games within the game where flopping, tugging and fouls are the norm.

All Big 10
    Whoa, cross bar off of a less than stellar sequence by the USA defense.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Solo owes Rampone big time or it would be tired....she has to play the rest of the way were hair on fire or we are in trouble....like I said she scares me....

But yes great game..
    She is a keeper, she doesn't scare me, she intrigues me......

Besides, as a Keeper's father, she is normal to me, just play within her self and the game plan is all she has to do.

All Big 10
    Japan is attacking yet again, not sitting back and waiting to counter-attack. I think this is confusing the US defense. The USA needs another goal for some breathing room. One goal is not enough against a teamof this caliber.

We are giving the ball up way too easy at times....and giving them way too much space on the flanks.....Solo was beaten on that last shot....Thank Goodness it went wide....

Administrator

USWNT vs Japan: Olympic Gold Medal Game at Wembley Stadium, Game Thread

That was a close one. Good kick for the far post. Just missed.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

All Big 10
    Another shot that is just wide, and Solo almost had no chance as she was partially shielded by her defenders. The defense is watching more than anything else.

She is no Briana Scurry....who I always felt confident about in her prime....

Agree....but she still scrares me...

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    She is a keeper, she doesn't scare me, she intrigues me......

Besides, as a Keeper's father, she is normal to me, just play within her self and the game plan is all she has to do.

Husker Immortal
    Japan keeping big pressure on. USA very fortunate they are not tied.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

We need a second goal to be still my beating heart...

What a great game so far...

If we can hold this lead until half I will be estatic...and get a chance to regroup....

Administrator

We are giving Japan way to much possession time. That can bite us in the long run.

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Bad call against Wambach in the box...no foul....

All Big 10
    What a match so far. Glad I am at work, or I would be drinking scotch to calm down.....

USA finishing the half on a bit of a high....which is good...

Administrator

End of first. Fast game so far, letting them play

Half Time....USA 1 Japan 0

I do appreciate our players going up and making sure the Japanese players are ok when they get hit