Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Side-by-Side: Huskers and Badgers Alternate Uniforms

  1. #1
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,108

    Side-by-Side: Huskers and Badgers Alternate Uniforms

    I mashed this up earlier today. I wasn't a huge fan of the original song, either so I replaced it with some good old Sam Spence (of NFL Films fame).


  2. #2
    Scout Team
    joncarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,053
    Duck that is a fine job, good comparison, so no disrespect to you or your work, but Addidas should be, fined and fired. This is horrible job of designing uniforms. If I were to turn on the TV and see those teams playing I would have NO freaking idea who is playing. Very disappointed would be an understatement. That being said, I think ours are better than Wisconsin. I guess that is like comparing two turds.

  3. #3
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    I guess that is like comparing two turds.
    Yeah it was kind of like the primary between Obama and Hillary.

  4. #4
    Heisman
    USMC_BugEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    31,062
    Good job, Duck. Maybe you should be in marketing (if you're not already).
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

  5. #5
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    65,523
    It will be a pajama party in Lincoln on 9/29/12.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis



  6. #6
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    Good job, Duck. Maybe you should be in marketing (if you're not already).
    You're the second person to tell me that in the last few weeks. I suppose tech sales is close enough; so much of software is marketing related these days.

  7. #7
    Scout Team
    joncarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Yeah it was kind of like the primary between Obama and Hillary.
    Actually you could insert any politician. You do, do a fine job though. Maybe you should go to work for addidas and see if you can straighten them out.

  8. #8
    Big Red Fan!!!

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,304
    If I was a Wisconsin fan, I would not be happy about their uniform. If anything, they should have used a different font or bold letter.

  9. #9
    Blackshirt
    BuffSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Down The Road
    Posts
    15,332
    Who is going to be the first person to create a tattoo from the Husker (or for that matter the Badger) alternate uniform design.

    Not me! But I'm sure someone will.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

  10. #10
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    Now all we need is a blue field.

  11. #11
    All Legend
    unmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    3 steps ahead of you
    Posts
    16,684
    love both uni's...cannot wait to see it live
    my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

  12. #12
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    Now all we need is a blue field.
    Doesn't someone have a red field..... I thought I red that somewhere last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  13. #13
    Blackshirt
    Red93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Island
    Posts
    1,221
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

  14. #14
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Red93 View Post
    thanks. yea, just like the smurf turf.....I hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  15. #15
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    thanks. yea, just like the smurf turf.....I hate it.
    Don't forget Lindenwood University (NAIA school).

    They're rockin' the candy cane stripes.


  16. #16
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    582
    My thoughts on the Wisconsin alternates (and how I'm ticked at adidas): http://feitcanwrite.wordpress.com/20...rnate-uniform/

  17. #17
    All Legend
    unmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    3 steps ahead of you
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Feit View Post
    My thoughts on the Wisconsin alternates (and how I'm ticked at adidas): http://feitcanwrite.wordpress.com/20...rnate-uniform/

    I really seems like people are just looking to make this more than it really is, as evident in this line from your article:

    I hate that the NU-UW game – which should be a battle between two of the Big Ten’s premier teams – is reduced to a primetime commercial for adidas to peddle their gear and show that they can crank out cutting edge uniforms like Nike.


    Is it really reduced to a fashion show? I think not.I do think at the begining of the game (pre-game) the uniforms will be a piece of the discussion about the game but if all holds true to form (team records coming in) this will be a primetime game not because of the uni's but because of the two teams on the field. As soon as the ball is kicked off and everyone gets to see the new digs, it is football as usual.
    my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

  18. #18
    Heisman
    USMC_BugEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    31,062
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Don't forget Lindenwood University (NAIA school).

    They're rockin' the candy cane stripes.

    Just don't run out of bounds. You might get run over by a truck.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

  19. #19
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    Just don't run out of bounds. You might get run over by a truck.
    Last season, a receiver ran a deep route and accidentally stowed away on a banana truck to Peoria.

  20. #20
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    I really seems like people are just looking to make this more than it really is, as evident in this line from your article:

    I hate that the NU-UW game – which should be a battle between two of the Big Ten’s premier teams – is reduced to a primetime commercial for adidas to peddle their gear and show that they can crank out cutting edge uniforms like Nike.


    Is it really reduced to a fashion show? I think not.I do think at the begining of the game (pre-game) the uniforms will be a piece of the discussion about the game but if all holds true to form (team records coming in) this will be a primetime game not because of the uni's but because of the two teams on the field. As soon as the ball is kicked off and everyone gets to see the new digs, it is football as usual.
    I agree that the unis will be a topic of discussion during pre-game, but they will continue to be a topic throughout the game (and on every highlight package shown). While I think the chest letters are interesting, the small number on the chest is going to make it tough for fans in the stadium (and likely the announcers) to quickly and easily identify players. I'll set the over/under on the number of times ESPN/ABC references not knowing who a player is because of the new unis at 3

    I'd probably feel different if adidas had taken the time to create more unique uniform concepts for this game (1) than marketing slogans (2). But by taking the lazy way out and rolling out this future-retro cookie cutter for both teams, adidas is telling me they are more concerned with themselves than either one of the schools involved.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •