Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisconsin's Alternates are HERE

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I was going to say something about a used feminine hygiene product but I decided against it. I seem to be maturing.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Husker Fan

The thing about the alternate uniforms is that there is only so much you can do. If the directive is "We do NOT want to look like Maryland or Oregon!" then ideas will run out fairly quickly.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    The thing about the alternate uniforms is that there is only so much you can do. If the directive is "We do NOT want to look like Maryland or Oregon!" then ideas will run out fairly quickly.
    There's a lot of truth in that. Schools are scared of looking too-Oregon, which means that designers feel limited and don't push the envelope.

The Nike+Oregon relationship has created a bunch of abysmal uniforms, but they've also struck gold a few times too. There's something to be said for letting a designer have free reign. At least if the uniforms suck they'll only hang around for a season or even less sometimes.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    I don't know, I almost wish it was just one team in the alternate uniform. Now it will just look like an Adidas commercial.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    I concur. Adidas is horrible. Do they take one alternative uniform and make each team fit? Michigan, NU and Wisconsin are the same concept.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I don't know, I almost wish it was just one team in the alternate uniform. Now it will just look like an Adidas commercial.
    The game is pretty much being billed that way.

MADISON, Wis. -- adidas and the University of Wisconsin today unveiled new TECHFIT football uniforms that the Badgers will wear on Sept. 29 when they visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

This marquee contest is adidas' first Unrivaled Game, an annual matchup of top adidas programs. This year's Unrivaled Game featuring the Badgers and Cornhuskers is themed "The Quick and the Red" and will kickoff at 7 p.m. CT on ABC.
    http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-fo...080612aai.html

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Adidas, Nike, Under Armor, etc., all want to advertise their products. I'm not really opposed to it because it's not like they're calling it the Adidas Bowl. The game will still be on ESPN or BTN, and unless Adidas really ramps up their marketing funds, the announcers are not going to be talking too much about the uniforms, other than just a few times to mention them.

It's not like Brent Musburger is going to give an analysis of the stitch pattern, or talk about moisture wicking and how the cloth remains 47% lighter.

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    While I agree with you, I think they could've been a little more creative than "Hey, for Wisconsin we'll put a "W" on the front of the jersey just like we did for Michigan last year, and for Nebraska we can put an "N" on there like we did with Michigan last year." Don't get me wrong, I like the design element, but it kind of loses a little when they do it for multiple teams, especially when the teams wear it for one game and against each other to top it off.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    It's not like Brent Musburger is going to give an analysis of the stitch pattern, or talk about moisture wicking and how the cloth remains 47% lighter.
    He might be too drunk to notice.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Big Red Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Adidas, Nike, Under Armor, etc., all want to advertise their products. I'm not really opposed to it because it's not like they're calling it the Adidas Bowl. The game will still be on ESPN or BTN, and unless Adidas really ramps up their marketing funds, the announcers are not going to be talking too much about the uniforms, other than just a few times to mention them.

If the game gets out of hand they might not have much else to talk about but the uniforms

Blackshirt
    What kind of tape did they use to put the "W" on those helmets? We used to use electrical tape on ours.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Red Shirt
    Are these Wisconsin's surrender white uniforms?

5-Time National Champion
    Fortunately for Nebraska, Wisconsin's are worse than ours.

So we've got that goin' for us.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Nice to see Adidas thinks outside the box for these teams. Mich, Nebraska, and now Wisconsin have all more or less done the same thing.
    Adidas must have one designer with a one tracked mind, how uncreative!

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post

Maybe someone should let Adidas know that we don't actually play Wisconsin annually. So "The Quick and the Red" may just be a pointless selling point.

Also, I thought the point of getting alternate unis for the game was also so that the game didn't look like a scrimmage between the same team. This look like a Red/White (& black) Game between Team West and Team North. I was amped about seeing NU in their alternates but now I feel like the game is a huge gimmick itself.

Wisconsin's jersey's look like the discounted version of our jersey now.....and that "W" looks stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Wolf View Post
    Adidas must have one designer with a one tracked mind, how uncreative!
    this looks like the work of someone who fell asleep at work and forgot that he had to design something for Wisconsin and since Nebraska's layouts were still on the table, a little whiteout, cut, and paste action took place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Scout Team
    Ok guys, we got the better uniforms. Now let's win the game.

I knew these looked familiar when I first saw them but it didn't hit me until I was playing Super Mario Bros with my son last night...