Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Schaefer: Huskers Pursuing Auburn Transfer Safety Jonathan Rose

Mike Schaefer: Huskers Pursuing Auburn Transfer Safety Jonathan Rose

Just wanted to drop this before I went to bed. About an hour ago, Mike Schaefer of Huskers Illustrated broke news that Nebraska is hard after Jonathan Rose.

Rose has been granted a full release from scholarship, eligible to go anywhere.

Mike's piece has a lot of quotes, but it's premium so I can't post or link it. Here is another piece though:

Link

It has nothing to do with grades or anything that deals with the police or anything like that," Etheredge said. "It's just that he doesn't need to be down there anymore. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff or Auburn or anything like that. They've been great to Jonathan."

#1 Husker Fan
    Auburn and Rivals have him at Safety. I hope the is true. After sitting out a year in which we will lose Stafford and Smith, we will definately need another safety of his quality!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Would be a really nice pickup....

Safety
    Leeds, Alabama
    Leeds High School
    Ht:6'2"
    Wt:170 lbs
    40:4.49 secs
    Bench Max:225
    Vertical:36 inches
    Class:2011 (HS - December Grad)
    4-star
    Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Memphis, Mississippi State, Southern Mississippi, Tennessee

Most Impressive: He is a very versatile athlete that could project as a receiver or safety at the next level. Rose has excellent ball skills and possesses the ability to make yards after the interception. His speed is very deceptive because he has a beautiful long stride that allows him to cover a ton of ground in the blink of an eye.

Conclusion:
    His versatility will most likely translate into success at the next level. His ball skills, height and speed set him apart from most corners, but the biggest question is whether or not he has the hips to stay with elite receivers.
    Read more on him here: http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/footb...an-Rose-102433
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Auburn defensive back Jonathan Rose given release, plans to transfer

More from 26 July.....so he has a RS year to burn.....having played a true Frosh....so he would be a 3-3 guy after using his RS year....

Coach Gene Chizik informed Rose's high school coach, Keith Etheredge of Leeds, that Rose would not be allowed to return to the team Tuesday. Chizik had sent Rose home for the summer because of "personal reasons."

Rose played sparingly for Auburn last season, recording two tackles. But Etheredge said Chizik told him Rose's play improved in the spring when he led the team in interceptions during scrimmages. Rose was sent home at the start of summer workouts. Auburn did not say why it took the action.

"I said when he left high school here he was the type of kid I want my son to grow up to be. I still feel that way. Nothing has changed.

"My gosh, if Jonathan Rose can't make it in Division I college football, I don't have a kid that I have ever coached that can make it. That's the type of kid he is.

"He wants to fit in, but he's got to learn he can't fit in with every crowd."

Rest here:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...an_rose_l.html

RR, feel free to change the title. Pain from my phone. Definitely not a CB.

For what it's worth, he's a 4 years for 3 seasons guy.

Husker Immortal
    that's even better.

Maybe we send Klatchko to Auburn in a trade of guys that don't fit.

Junior Varsity
    Serious question......do we want a player that was kicked off an SEC team?
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Red Shirt

He might not be slimey enough to be in the SEC

Too much of a straight arrow for the S(imply) E(veryone) C(heats) Conference

My point was he has to sit a year thus a 3-3 guy....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    For what it's worth, he's a 4 years for 3 seasons guy.

Serious answer....Yes....and I'm not sure he was kicked off the team...mutal parting of the ways....

Quote Originally Posted by schuskerfan View Post

Scout Team
    Impressive offer list.

Gotta like a 6'2" D-Back.

All American

Quote Originally Posted by schuskerfan View Post
    That is impossible to answer without knowing the reason for his leaving. Bo Pelini is checking looking into this and from what I have been told, if Bo isn't satisfied then he will not be allowed to come here. So far, it doesn't look like anything too serious but I don't believe that all parties have reached a conclusion yet.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    I'll believe the HS coach's opinion.

Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

#1 Husker Fan
    Was down to FSU, TENN, and NU. FSU is at the 85 scholly limit so hopefully that pushes him towards us even more. I really like our chances. We can thank Coach Joseph for this one!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Red Shirt

Maybe he wants to play by the rules and is declining payment?

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Maybe he wants to play by the rules and is declining payment?

Red Shirt
    His dad says he is should be making a decision by the end of this week.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...rs-gene-chizik

"Rose is also friends with young Nebraska running back Ameer Abdullah, so the signs all seem to look very good for Nebraska"

http://wayoffbase.net/warmup/?p=72692