Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity Landing on Mars Tonight

this was on twitter

Dear Religion, While you were debating what chicken sandwiches were okay to eat, I just landed on Mars. Sincerely, Your Pal Science

Can't wait for the color pictures to start rolling in.

As someone who still does work for an ISP from time to time I had to take a gander at how we're getting data between here and there, just out of curiosity. Very interesting stuff. I think if we ever got to the point where it doesn't take 5-20 minutes just to get a signal from point A to point B, that'd be about when we should start looking for volunteers for a manned mission.

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/mission...tionwithearth/

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    this was on twitter

Dear Religion, While you were debating what chicken sandwiches were okay to eat, I just landed on Mars. Sincerely, Your Pal Science

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post

taller than any mountain in the lower 48

Heisman

this was on twitter

Travel Squad
    this was on twitter

“If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

pray for me ;)
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    taller than any mountain in the lower 48
    Really? Hard to really see that from that photo, I guess because there's so little to judge perspective from. How tall are they saying that mountain peak is?

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Really? Hard to really see that from that photo, I guess because there's so little to judge perspective from. How tall are they saying that mountain peak is?
    I believe that's Aeolis Mons -

Aeolis Mons,[1] (also known as Mount Sharp), is the central peak of Gale Crater on the planet Mars.[2][3][4] The mountain is located at 5.4°S 137.8°E and rises 5.5 km (18,000 ft) high.[2][3][4] Aeolis Palus is the official name of the crater floor plain between the northern wall of Gale Crater and the northern foothills of Aeolis Mons.[1]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolis_Mons

pray for me ;)
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Scout Team

this was on twitter

Dear Science, If you needed a map of Mars, all you had to do was ask I have an extra. Your Pal God

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    Dear Science, If you needed a map of Mars, all you had to do was ask I have an extra. Your Pal God
    Well that was nice of her.

Red Shirt
    This is a great video that tells of Curiositys landing

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckIt View Post
    sorry but this doesnt even make sense

sorry but this doesnt even make sense
    Well in ShuckIt's defense the first one wasn't really that great either, but yeah I have to agree I didn't really understand his.

Society Crazy Indeed
    and they say shinny objects used to distract others doesnt work

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Quote Originally Posted by KC Husker View Post
    This is a great video that tells of Curiositys landing

Awesome video.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    Absolutely love that, thanks!

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    Well in ShuckIt's defense the first one wasn't really that great either, but yeah I have to agree I didn't really understand his.
    Some believe God created the Universe so I'm sure he has a map and knows whats on Mars is all I was getting at. I have no clue I've been to church maybe 4 times in my life.