Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Walk on Jordan Nelson

Red Shirt

Walk on Jordan Nelson

Bo seems high on this year's walk on class and adding seven to the 105 man roster speaks volumes about the class. One walk on that seems to have brought some outstanding credentials to this class is I-back Jordan Nelson. He rushed for 1,791 yards and had 700 receiving yards if my math is correct that's close to 2,500 total yards as a senior. He' only 5'8 but you have to be talented and durable to rack up those kind of numbers in one season. He's a Nebraska kid has anyone seen him play in high school?
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Scout Team
    I haven't but it is only a matter of time before a Neb kid gets a chance at playing back at NU.

Red Shirt

I am even more intrigued with the RB from Missouri--King Frazier. A walk-on from out of state who had offers he passed on in order to walk on at NU.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by mohuskerblackshirt View Post
    I am even more intrigued with the RB from Missouri--King Frazier. A walk-on from out of state who had offers he passed on in order to walk on at NU.
    this kid could be the one

Big 12 Champs
    I was also impressed by this walk-on class. There are several d2/FCS scholarship level players in there for sure. Foltz could be the starting punter for us next year. Frazier was a 3* RB. Janovich and Fyfe have potential. Surprising 7 made it onto the 105, but several are at positions without a ton of depth.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    I was also impressed by this walk-on class. There are several d2/FCS scholarship level players in there for sure. Foltz could be the starting punter for us next year. Frazier was a 3* RB. Janovich and Fyfe have potential. Surprising 7 made it onto the 105, but several are at positions without a ton of depth.
    Agreed! Frazier was a true 3* and could be special IMHO.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    I haven't but it is only a matter of time before a Neb kid gets a chance at playing back at NU.
    We've had a bunch of them, just not recently. I think Ahman Green was the last.

Jordy Nelson... a heck of a walk on player... Oh... this is Jordan Nelson... close enough... with a name like that he has to have potential...

Scout Team
    Question. If we only have 85 scholarships wouldn't we have 20 walkons on the 105?

You are forgetting the many starters or backups who are also walk-ons, for instance both the Long brothers and I believe Brett Mahre is also a walk-on.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    Question. If we only have 85 scholarships wouldn't we have 20 walkons on the 105?
    Correct, we had 7 from THIS walk-on class.... we actually have some of our scholarship guys that aren't going to make the 105

Junior Varsity

I saw Nelson play in the semi-finals of state this past year against Central. Good player, noticeably smaller than others, but he definetely stuck out against an athletic Central team.

Junior Varsity
    I believe it is 7 true freshman walkons being referred to, not all walkons from all classes.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I believe it is 7 true freshman walkons being referred to, not all walkons from all classes.
    I believe you are correct.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Big 12 Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    With Klachko out, we have 80 on scholarship. Peat, Moore, Afalava are not on 105 = 77
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Red Shirt

They are just talking about freshmen walkons. I think one to keep an eye on is the Foster kid from Lincoln Southeast...I saw him in a few games last year and he's a good one.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Thanks. At least my math skills are still sharp. I just did not interpret it correctly. I can be such a Dumb***