Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: HOL Video: Fall Camp August 4

HOL Video: Fall Camp August 4

From the folks at HuskerOnLine.....Rivals.....lot of practice video....

Watch here (about 6 minutes):

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini talks about the first day of fall camp following practice on Saturday.
    http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1392522
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Thanks Red, good stuff...1 more month

Heard spent most of his time on offense....but the team is prepared to use him on both sides of the ball....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Heard spent most of his time on offense....but the team is prepared to use him on both sides of the ball....

I know.......straight from Bo's mouth though....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post

Why is using Heard on both sides of the ball such an issue for some people? Tyrone Hughes had no problem with it...neither did Fluellen or Green. Plenty of players have done it. If he was a starter on either side of the ball then they would probably limit him to one or the other but he's not.

Looks like Bo's blood started to boil when the question of Peat came up. Then the snappy answer "that's part of it", like wanting to move on. Hmmmm? I wonder...

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Looks like Bo's blood started to boil when the question of Peat came up. Then the snappy answer "that's part of it", like wanting to move on. Hmmmm? I wonder...
    Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. Absolutely no inside information, but I'll be surprised if he lasts the season. And that's too bad, since he's got the ability to be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint23r View Post
    Why is using Heard on both sides of the ball such an issue for some people? Tyrone Hughes had no problem with it...neither did Fluellen or Green. Plenty of players have done it. If he was a starter on either side of the ball then they would probably limit him to one or the other but he's not.
    In my opinion? Splitting reps will prevent him from becoming a starter at either, while designating him as one or the other would better his odds of securing a starting role.

I read another piece where Bo indicated they may use him a time or two on defense if needed....sounds like he is going to be a RB....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    In my opinion? Splitting reps will prevent him from becoming a starter at either, while designating him as one or the other would better his odds of securing a starting role.