Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martinez more comfrotable in front of the media?

Cake or Death?

Martinez more comfrotable in front of the media?

Just watched one of the videos on the OWH site where Martinez was answering some questions. He appeared to be much more comfortable and relaxed with the media. Smiling and just overall seem to be a better spoken person. Is it just me? And does this bode well for his growth in the offseason?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Just watched one of the videos on the OWH site where Martinez was answering some questions. He appeared to be much more comfortable and relaxed with the media. Smiling and just overall seem to be a better spoken person. Is it just me? And does this bode well for his growth in the offseason?
    He seems to be getting more comfortable imo.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Varsity
    It looks like Taylor is maturing some to me as well. That was a short video, but he doesn't seem so cock sure, arrogant like when he was a Frosh. He sounded much more like a upperclassman. Time, age and experience do wonders for people. Let's hope it translates to the field.
    "I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden
    "I understand the risk of hiring the wrong guy, but its not a reason to keep someone you know is the wrong guy." - internet tg

I dogged Taylor some last season. I've been on his bandwagon in 2012. If there is anything I have learned from this game is that kids mature at different speeds. Anytime you have a kid play early as Taylor has, you get a big swing of ability and comfort as you go through the process. It happens in high school. It happens in the college game and it happens in the pros. They scoughed at Namath and Bradshaw when they first moved to the show. They did a 180. They said Frost would never be a winner. That turned out OK. Martinez will make progress. How much is still to be determined. I would imagine there still will be two more years of growth before he's gone. That is exciting. The next group of quarterbacks through the system won't have to endure their entire learning process exposed for all to see and whine about. Martinez should be one tough mother before he's through.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Now if he'll get comfortable reading his progressions and under a pass rush...we may be on to something

Husker Immortal
    He should be getting more comfortable. Year three and lots of exposure to the media by now.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

towel boy
    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

Red Shirt

Watching that video, he is clearly more comfortable, especially during the "boot" signing question.

Would expect that from a 21 ( almost 22 y/o) Man, Vs a 19 yo kid.

Not sure it really tells us anything.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Now if he'll get comfortable reading his progressions and under a pass rush...we may be on to something
    We will find out soon enough. I will believe it when I see it.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Recruit
    I for one think TM is going to have a great year, oh yes, the kool aid is aflow'n!
    GBR

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    I dogged Taylor some last season. I've been on his bandwagon in 2012. If there is anything I have learned from this game is that kids mature at different speeds. Anytime you have a kid play early as Taylor has, you get a big swing of ability and comfort as you go through the process. It happens in high school. It happens in the college game and it happens in the pros. They scoughed at Namath and Bradshaw when they first moved to the show. They did a 180. They said Frost would never be a winner. That turned out OK. Martinez will make progress. How much is still to be determined. I would imagine there still will be two more years of growth before he's gone. That is exciting. The next group of quarterbacks through the system won't have to endure their entire learning process exposed for all to see and whine about. Martinez should be one tough mother before he's through.
    Scotty Frost did take a little heat that first year, didn't he? I was in Tempe when ASU drubbed us that night. Lovely experience

Your statement about kids maturing at different rates is dead on, IMO.

I'm expecting good things from the kid. I hope our OC can set him up for consistent success because I think he's got some outlandish tools.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzHusker View Post
    Scotty Frost did take a little heat that first year, didn't he? I was in Tempe when ASU drubbed us that night. Lovely experience
    I was there too, why didn't you say hi.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

#1 Husker Fan
    The o-line has to step up and provide him more time. Plain and simple.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junior Varsity
    Didn't Sam Keller always seem comfortable in front of a camera?

Scout Team
    hope abounds