Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Penn St Transfers ?

Penn St Transfers ?

The gate may be open but not in Nebraska's direction? I just heard that the kicker was headed to Austin and a WR to Okla. That would be about 15 transfers out of Penn St but I don't hear any talk of them to Lincoln.
    There was talk a week ago of some talent might be looking our way. No deal?

Only six players left....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I don't think too many will be looking to transfer within the conference. One of the OL is heading to Illinois, and I saw a few Penn State players tweet about transferring within the conference. They're obviously not too pumped.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Wolf View Post
    The gate may be open but not in Nebraska's direction? I just heard that the kicker was headed to Austin and a WR to Okla. That would be about 15 transfers out of Penn St but I don't hear any talk of them to Lincoln.
    There was talk a week ago of some talent might be looking our way. No deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yep, see the "PSU kicker transferring" thread for details.

Society Crazy Indeed

Does that mean they will start playing 6 man football...wait!....what?....oh you mean left

[QUOTE=CombatTargeteer;1006207]Yep, see the "PSU kicker transferring" thread for details.[/QUOTE

]http://www.kxan.com/subindex/sports/longhorns

Scout Team
    Their players may just not be interested in Nebraska
    Nebraska my not be interested in their players.
    Bo may be taking the high road and not want to raid a conference opponent.

Blackshirt
    I understand a Head Coach always wants and needs to do what's best for the program - but it would be a little insulting to your current players to go out and snag a guy to take your spot, right before Fall Camp. I say, reward the guys who always WANTED to be here, who have put in the time, effort and sacrifice for DONU. Let everyone else have the psu leftovers.
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Husker Immortal
    I really think it is for the best that those leaving went out of the conference. It won't appear that the other teams in the B1G exploited the PSU situation and the guys that wanted out were able to do so without having to come back and play in front of PSU fans.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I really think it is for the best that those leaving went out of the conference. It won't appear that the other teams in the B1G exploited the PSU situation and the guys that wanted out were able to do so without having to come back and play in front of PSU fans.
    That about sizes it up. It would be best for NU to not even bother.

Scout Team
    Only six players have left Penn State University; there are many more than six players remaining on the Nittany Lion roster.

I read it wrong at first.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

The Penn St web site shows 8 that have said they were transfering. Illinois looks like the only Big 10 team to pick up a transfer. I think existing players have a very short time to make the transfer decision.
    The 8 players transfering are the quality players.
    Yesterday I saw a 2013 recruiting class rankings and Penn St is withing a couple slots from the Nebraska recruiting class. The 2013 recruiting classes have until Febr to make the final decision.