Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Fan Day Help

  1. #1
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515

    Fan Day Help

    I didn't see a thread on fan day so I started this one. I need help from you Lincoln fans. Wifey has talked me into driving her to fan day tomorrow. I know nothing of Lincoln except how to drive around it or through it.

    Any good parking spot for Fan Day? Need an address so I can plug it into my Tom Tom. Thanks for your help.

    She has a thing for Rex. I promise to post my Fan Day pics here on Friday or Sat if we make it home okay.

  2. #2
    Junior Varsity
    USS Midway CV41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,661
    i am going to try and go myself, i will park in a downtown parking garage
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

  3. #3
    Guest

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,279
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    I didn't see a thread on fan day so I started this one. I need help from you Lincoln fans. Wifey has talked me into driving her to fan day tomorrow. I know nothing of Lincoln except how to drive around it or through it.

    Any good parking spot for Fan Day? Need an address so I can plug it into my Tom Tom. Thanks for your help.

    She has a thing for Rex. I promise to post my Fan Day pics here on Friday or Sat if we make it home okay.
    If you put Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown LIncoln that will get you about 3 blocks south of the stadium on 10th street which runs north/south right past the stadium. Plenty of places to park and plenty of places to get a cold libation and chow if you wish. Haymarket is a great area.

  4. #4
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515
    Thanks Midway and joncarl. The hotel sounds like a good deal.

  5. #5
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515
    1040 P Street for me tomorrow.

  6. #6
    That would've been my suggestion too. Lots of garage parking right around the Embassy suites. I'll be there with my son--he wants to have Rex Burkhead sign the red #22 pinewood derby car he made back in January and tell Rex that he named his fish "Rex Fishhead."

    "Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

  7. #7
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    That would've been my suggestion too. Lots of garage parking right around the Embassy suites. I'll be there with my son--he wants to have Rex Burkhead sign the red #22 pinewood derby car he made back in January and tell Rex that he named his fish "Rex Fishhead."

    We might see you there Luth. Wifey has last year's B1G commemorative football she wants Rex to sign. All this for one signature but must keep wifey happy.

  8. #8
    Since it's still summer school, is the campus going to be available for parking? HSS or Abel? Those forms have parking garages so it'd be nice not to have to pay $10 just to park.

    Just a heads up, Combat, get there early as the lines are super long. Suh's senior year, we got there like 2 hours before and stood in his line the entire time without even sniffing the front of it. Granted, the faculty working it couldn't keep one to save their lives so we kept getting pushed back. If you stick around a little after you can catch some players as they head to the locker room though.

  9. #9
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerVintage View Post
    Since it's still summer school, is the campus going to be available for parking? HSS or Abel? Those forms have parking garages so it'd be nice not to have to pay $10 just to park.

    Just a heads up, Combat, get there early as the lines are super long. Suh's senior year, we got there like 2 hours before and stood in his line the entire time without even sniffing the front of it. Granted, the faculty working it couldn't keep one to save their lives so we kept getting pushed back. If you stick around a little after you can catch some players as they head to the locker room though.

    Thanks, Vintage. She will prob want to hit the bookstore as well.

  10. #10
    All Big 10
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    19,145
    Quite the dream girl you found there, CT.

  11. #11
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Quite the dream girl you found there, CT.

    You're telling me h-nut. I thank my lucky stars everyday.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerVintage View Post
    Since it's still summer school, is the campus going to be available for parking? HSS or Abel? Those forms have parking garages so it'd be nice not to have to pay $10 just to park.

    Just a heads up, Combat, get there early as the lines are super long. Suh's senior year, we got there like 2 hours before and stood in his line the entire time without even sniffing the front of it. Granted, the faculty working it couldn't keep one to save their lives so we kept getting pushed back. If you stick around a little after you can catch some players as they head to the locker room though.
    I just wanted to second this. Be prepared that you can stand outside the stadium for a couple hours, then when they open you can stand inside the stadium for a couple of hours and leave with zero autographs. It is a much better experience if you take kids who can run around and pose with cheerleaders and maybe get some autographs of less popular players. I would imagine the line for Rex will be the longest for any player. Good luck.

  13. #13
    Recruit
    HuskerSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Living life in the fast lane, while stuck on the on ramp
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by LutheranHusker View Post
    That would've been my suggestion too. Lots of garage parking right around the Embassy suites. I'll be there with my son--he wants to have Rex Burkhead sign the red #22 pinewood derby car he made back in January and tell Rex that he named his fish "Rex Fishhead."
    That is so awesome! Hope he gets it.

  14. #14
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    126,515
    Well 305 and vintage (and the wx forecast) have convinced us to keep our near 70 bodies in the air conditioned comfort of Menards or Walmart. So no pics to post for this year's fan day.

  15. #15
    Standing on the skywalk across 11th street between O and N I could see that they have the main video screen on right now.
    Those of you that are going to fan day stay hydrated and have fun







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •