Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sadly, my expectations of Husker dominance must be lowered...

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    So let me get this straight. You were trying to limit the workouts of some of the players in the 1990s so that they wouldn't overtrain. You'd kick them out of the weight room so they wouldn't overtrain. Then they went to a local gym to continue training... so were they overtraining at that point? They did more than you wanted them to do.

And the record was still pretty good, even with the overtraining.
    Exactly. And you may have missed it, but I mentioned that some of them later told me that they wish they wouldn't have done it... that they did, indeed, overtrain and that they wished they would have listened. Your point is that we still won, right? Think about how a winning '96 National Championship would have felt, then, and you get the point that the little things might add up to some bigger things.

Varsity

that advantage ended 25 years ago. LOL where have you been??

Tried to respond to your PM Yellow but not sure if yuo recieved it. Maybe we don't have a mutual friend.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDent#2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Nope, you just need a one-line quote.
    That one line quote is an issue if it's the prevailing mindset. Think about it.
    "If" can be a mighty big word.
    Apparently I need to get a new sig line.

Well, after reading this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that I have lost 5 minutes of my life, never to be seen again.

Blackshirt
    I am sure that if over-training was considered a problem, then the new "EliteForm" S&C software would be programmed to ensure that they don't do it.