Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romney reminds me of Palin w/ his Israel/Palestine remarks.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Obama's statements were blown up by the Romney campaign.

Obama is simply stating that we all depend on each other, our communities and our local, state and federal governments to become successful. Hard work and support from multiple sources all go into the mix of being successful. To say that's not true is, and I've said this before, simply a delusional right wing fantasy.

Mitt's comments were reported on by the US and foreign press. Hard to pin down left wing agenda when it comes from so many independent sources. Of course, his comments were ignored or downplayed by the PR wing of the Republican party, Faux News.

The private sector, and nation as a whole, is doing much better than it would have under a Republican administration.
    You are working really hard to justify some clearly dumb comments made by your guy.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I don't remember Obama doing that. How many threads/pages did that get here in the Cafe?

And it's hilarious to hear you talk about Reagan's first commandment. I'm not sure I've seen a single liberal ever mention that Obama has a single weakness or shortcoming. On the other hand, conservatives here have mentioned on many occasions that Romney isn't a perfect candidate.
    I wouldn't know, since I was not a member of the Cafe in 2008.

Your claim that democrats/liberals are not self critical is fairly amusing though, as it goes against the national reputation of the party to be self critical, to a fault. Just a few criticisms I have shared of Obama on the boards:
    1. He is too even and forgiving -- never too happy or mad (probably in an attempt to avoid the "angry black man" label), despite justifiable occasion. His administration, largely, provided Wall Street with a golden parachute and left untried allegedly illegal and criminal acts by some members of the former administration.
    2. He is a TERRIBLE negotiator, routinely starting with a compromise and then wondering why that wasn't good enough.
    3. He routinely avoids the issues he could bridge Americans with -- race relations and urban issues, specifically, on which he has shown an ability to speak with great eloquence.
    4. His appointments failed to push the envelope and implement the change that was central to his campaign. Biden, Gates, Panetta, Bernanke, Geitner, the list goes on -- all were safe, establishment choices that didn't shift the conversation.
    5. His legislative approach seems to assume that the Rep's will magically want to cooperate.
    6. He has failed to communicate the intent of his administration to the American people and is too slow to respond to major accusations. Above all, he is an effective communicator, but he has lost their confidence by being silent and allowing the GOP to drive the narrative; the birther and transcript nonsense should have been put to bed almost immediately.
    7. The administration has failed to highlight the bipartisan efforts that have been made and concessions that were in proposed legislation.
    8. He has continued the irresponsible spending of the Bush administration, including extension of the Bush tax cuts during a terrible recession whilst the country was hemorrhaging money.
    9. He has, at times, embraced misleading and deceitful campaign tactics similar to those of the Rove days.
    10. He has failed to bring public opinion down on a congress that refuses to participate in the governance of the nation.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

You are working really hard to justify some clearly dumb comments made by your guy.
    Much like when Mitt Romney said "corporations are people, my friends!" and "I like to fire people!" and people yanked them out of context for partisan soundbites, that's exactly what's going on with "you didn't build that." People latch onto the dumbest stuff during election cycles.

Working hard? At this? Lol, this is what I do to avoid hard work.

Unfortunately that seems to be a pattern with Romney. There seems to be a lot to latch on to (except for those tax returns).

Obama's green record is lacking as well.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Sage View Post
    Obama's green record is lacking as well.
    Indeed. Where was the honest push for a new manufacturing sector? Was it just tabled until Congress wants to play along?

I know the stimulus and recently-proposed jobs bills had large outlays and incentives, but no cohesive plan was presented, to the best of my understanding.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

All Big 10
    I would have cut him more slack if he didn't include these two statements:

"There are a lot of smart people out there," ... "Let me tell you something—there are a whole bunch of hard-working people out there."
    Basically he is saying to me "what you did isn't all that special because there are a lot of smart hardworking people out there".

I now that there are smart hard working people out there. I compete against them everyday. I have to work harder and smarter everyday to keep my business going so I can have the honor to pay the taxes that build the roads, bridges, and educate children.

His comment was targeted at business owners and was meant to drive home his point that business owners don't pay their fair share. That we don't deserve to keep the fruits of our labor. Sorry if it wasn't for use business owners showing up first, leaving last, risking our homes, taking out the loans, not calling in sick, working weekends, not taking vacations, there wouldn't be a lot of jobs that get paid before we do.

His comment shows that he has no idea how this economy works and who makes it work.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Indeed. Where was the honest push for a new manufacturing sector? Was it just tabled until Congress wants to play along?

I know the stimulus and recently-proposed jobs bills had large outlays and incentives, but no cohesive plan was presented, to the best of my understanding.
    LOL it is in China.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    I would have cut him more slack if he didn't include these two statements:

Basically he is saying to me "what you did isn't all that special because there are a lot of smart hardworking people out there".

I now that there are smart hard working people out there. I compete against them everyday. I have to work harder and smarter everyday to keep my business going so I can have the honor to pay the taxes that build the roads, bridges, and educate children.

His comment was targeted at business owners and was meant to drive home his point that business owners don't pay their fair share. That we don't deserve to keep the fruits of our labor. Sorry if it wasn't for use business owners showing up first, leaving last, risking our homes, taking out the loans, not calling in sick, working weekends, not taking vacations, there wouldn't be a lot of jobs that get paid before we do.

His comment shows that he has no idea how this economy works and who makes it work.
    ...except that was NOT his point. Nevermind, you have your mind made up already that the President hates you -- it probably helps you vote for the other guy despite it actually being against your economic best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    LOL it is in China.
    Well, that is exactly what we were trying to compete against; German and Chinese green sectors that the previous two administrations allowed to get way out ahead of us on. If this is referencing the stimulus money, that SuperPAC commercial was discredited long ago.