Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: I loathe schools like USC-Recruiting related

  1. #1
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,230

    I loathe schools like USC-Recruiting related

    Walk-on to possibly give up scholarship for Redd should(more like as soon as) he transfer from PSU.

    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...room-for-redd/
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  2. #2
    I don't really have a problem with this if Kiffin told him upfront this could happen.

  3. #3
    All Legend
    utsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,466
    Pretty classless on Redd's part if he knows that someone has to give up their schollie to get him to USC and he still goes.

  4. #4
    Recruit
    MsideHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    Pretty classless on Redd's part if he knows that someone has to give up their schollie to get him to USC and he still goes.
    I agree! With all the schools out there that would love to take this kid why go to a school that is under sanctions and in the process cause another student athelete to lose his scholarship. I am sure this kids tuition will get paid by some unnamed booster down the road.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MsideHuskers View Post
    I agree! With all the schools out there that would love to take this kid why go to a school that is under sanctions and in the process cause another student athelete to lose his scholarship. I am sure this kids tuition will get paid by some unnamed booster down the road.
    Maybe because they are a national title contender....there aren't a lot of those around

  6. #6
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    80
    This happens everywhere. I had a friend walk on at Nebraska and he received a sholly for the 2nd semester two different years. He was told up front that he may get it pulled if needed and that is what happened.

  7. #7
    Red Shirt
    gutterputt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Island, Ne
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy44 View Post
    This happens everywhere. I had a friend walk on at Nebraska and he received a sholly for the 2nd semester two different years. He was told up front that he may get it pulled if needed and that is what happened.
    It would suck to give it back but if there is mid year graduations that opened up a scholly for a semester I'd hope they'd put it to good use.
    I am in my own little world but it's okay they know me here.

  8. #8
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The end of the earth
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Maybe because they are a national title contender....there aren't a lot of those around
    Integrity > possible National Championship.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Integrity > possible National Championship.
    Don't see why it's such a knock on integrity if Kiffin did in fact acknowledge it up front to the kid when presenting him one.

  10. #10
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,230
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Don't see why it's such a knock on integrity if Kiffin did in fact acknowledge it up front to the kid when presenting him one.
    Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact the Kiffin has held his integrity to the highest standards throughout his entire career.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Im sure it has nothing to do with the fact the Kiffin has held his integrity to the highest standards throughout his entire career.

    We weren't really discussing his entire career in this thread, I thought it was isolated to the situation at hand.

  12. #12
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,230
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    We weren't really discussing his entire career in this thread, I thought it was isolated to the situation at hand.
    Thanks for pointing the obvious out. I see your point, but in general people, especially fickle Husker fans look at his entire body of work and take that into consideration. They also look at the school he is at and it fact the it is currently on probation with the NCAA. As it has been mentioned before walk-on scholly pulling happens more than one would probably like.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  13. #13
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    80
    Fwiw I know for a fact that this has happened at Nebraska.

  14. #14
    Junior Varsity
    schuskerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,124
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy44 View Post
    Fwiw I know for a fact that this has happened at Nebraska.
    Who and when???

    Link????
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

  15. #15
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by schuskerfan View Post
    Who and when???

    Link????
    "This happens everywhere. I had a friend walk on at Nebraska and he received a sholly for the 2nd semester two different years. He was told up front that he may get it pulled if needed and that is what happened"

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Thanks for pointing the obvious out. I see your point, but in general people, especially fickle Husker fans look at his entire body of work and take that into consideration. They also look at the school he is at and it fact the it is currently on probation with the NCAA. As it has been mentioned before walk-on scholly pulling happens more than one would probably like.
    Then they'd be mistaken likely in how they interpret every situation

  17. #17
    As long as everything's upfront and communicated, and the walk on's ok with it, then there's not a problem. USC went after a player aggressively. Big deal. Maybe we should have, but I know that since PSU's in our conference aggressive recruiting was probably one of those unspoken no-no's.

  18. #18
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    11,196
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    As long as everything's upfront and communicated, and the walk on's ok with it, then there's not a problem. USC went after a player aggressively. Big deal. Maybe we should have, but I know that since PSU's in our conference aggressive recruiting was probably one of those unspoken no-no's.

    Tell that to Illinois


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •