Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Penn State safety to transfer to N.C. State; First PSU player to transfer

Penn State safety to transfer to N.C. State; First PSU player to transfer

They have until close of buisness Wednesday to transfer....10 day window....

Tim Buckley became the first player to transfer from Penn State’s football program Monday.
    Buckley, a safety from Raleigh, will play for N.C. State this season, the school announced.

Buckley, who has four years of eligibility remaining, was listed as a second-string safety on Penn State’s most recent depth chart. He was a star running back at Cardinal Gibbons in 2010 and was recruited by N.C. State out of high school.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/07/...-transfer.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I am surprised more have not opted to transfer. I guess they are doing a good job at retaining recruits too.

So far yes....

They seem to be sticking together and you have to admire them for that....

Quote Originally Posted by New York Husker View Post
    I am surprised more have not opted to transfer. I guess they are doing a good job at retaining recruits too.

Well actually I don't. They should bulldoze the entire campus.

Not the kids fault....they are the innocent bystanders in this mess....so I do understand it....

And we both know thats not going to happen....

The powers to be were the gulity ones here...the way to deal with it is not to blow the whole thing up....

Well actually I don't. They should bulldoze the entire campus.

All Legend
    I think the whole ordeal that the PSU players are going through may motivate them to be a tight knit bunch. Could be a dangerous team this year. Hope the Huskers don't look past them.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (29-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Shutting the football program down for four years, which was on the table, made a lot of sense to me.

Blackshirt
    I understand wanting to stick together - however I too am surprised that more kids aren't leaving the program. To know that you will NEVER play in a Bowl Game or for a Championship of any kind, regardless of how well you play, seems like motivation enough to move on. And I honestly don't feel like anyone would or could blame them for leaving. Just the thought of being in some of the facilities gives me the creeps, anyway....I never want to walk where Sandusky's walked, let alone work, train, and shower there.
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red93 View Post
    I understand wanting to stick together - however I too am surprised that more kids aren't leaving the program. .
    If there is to be many transfers I'd expect them to happen late in this 10 day window.
    I am in my own little world but it's okay they know me here.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    I think the whole ordeal that the PSU players are going through may motivate them to be a tight knit bunch. Could be a dangerous team this year. Hope the Huskers don't look past them.
    This.

Red Shirt
    I believe there wont be that many, but next year when it sinks in that there is no bowl game, I think they will see a few more leave. But who knows. It sounds like they are in it together. Got to respect them for it thats for sure.

Recruit
    Shutting the football program down for four years, which was on the table, made a lot of sense to me.
    I Agree. Because really what did they lose? A "CHANCE" to play in a bowl game that they would have to earn anyways?. Feel bad for the players, but im sorry, 42 counts of child sexual abuse will always trump anything you can tell me. Your university covered that up.
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory is forever.

NOTICE - This board requires no physical fitness program. Everyone gets enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down the administrators, knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing their luck.