Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Huskers offer CB Jonathan Cook: Plans to visit (Video etc.)

Huskers offer CB Jonathan Cook: Plans to visit (Video etc.)

Rated the #23 player in the state of Alabama....sounds like a mutual interest....some serious giddy-up for a CB.....I would say we are his top offer at this point....

Rivals Teaser:

New Husker offer wants to visit Lincoln07/29/2012 HuskerOnline.comJonathan Cook is the No. 23 rated player in the state of Alabama who has come on the Nebraska staff's radar.

Spanish Fort, Alabama
    Spanish Fort High School
    Ht:6'0"
    Wt:183 lbs
    40:4.51 secs
    ACT:22
    Class:2013 (High School)
    Rivals 3-star, 247 3-star, Scout 3-star, ESPN NR
    Rivals.com Alabama Preseason Top 30 2013 (26)
    Offers: Alcorn State, Arkansas State, Kentucky, Lousiville, Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Penn State, South Alabama. Troy, Tulane, UAB

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

More:

Cook, a 6-foot-1, 185-pound defensive back from Spanish Fort, Ala., was surprised to get the call from Nebraska secondary coach Terry Joseph.

"I'm aware of their football program and they are pretty good," Cook said. "They are a good program to play for. Lots of good defensive backs come out of there like Prince Amukamara. I've watched him."

Joseph told the defender that Nebraska plans to only take three cornerbacks in the 2013 class, and that the coaches really want him to be one.

Neither conference nor distance will play much of a factor for Cook when he decides to make a decision.

"I can play in any conference," he said. "I can play in the Big Ten or the SEC. They are both good conferences for football. I just want to go somewhere to play football."

The defensive back hopes to find time to make a visit to Nebraska this fall. Cook said it would likely have to be an official visit.

Much more here:

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Articl...ka-offer-82049

Husker Immortal
    Jump in JC the water is fine.

Travel Squad
    With BP's track record in the secondary, any recruit would be foolish to spurn an offer from the Big Red.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt

Im stunned that Alabama has at least 23 kids that are 3-star or higher, their population is only 3 times that of nebraska, but the amount of talent there is outrageous. Nebr only gets 3-4 max per year, some years only 1
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

I knew I had a page on him...

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I knew I had a page on him...

You sure did.

Husker Immortal
    sounds like a good pick up. Hope none of the other visits sway him.