Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: really Idaho?

Husker Fan

really Idaho?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...g-suspect?lite
    The sign features photos of Holmes and Obama side by side. Of Holmes, it says: "Kills 12 in a movie theater with assault rifle, everyone freaks out." Of Obama, it says: "Kills thousands with foreign policy, wins Nobel Peace Prize."

Travel Squad

Not right, dumb, insensitve, ridiculous.

Husker Fan

Does the state of Idaho pay for this? Otherwise what's with the thread title?

All Big 10
    It's a Libertarian anti-war message. Not just the usual partisan politics.

But it probably is a little too soon and too direct.

Husker Immortal

Junior Varsity
    Ridiculous billboard (as also was the Nobel Prize for NOT being W)
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    I wonder if those security cameras are recording the reactions of who looks and data on those who look?????

Travel Squad
    Well, this is obviously something that President Bush also had to deal with. The level of disrespect shown to both Presidents is similar.

...just figured I would skip to the end of the conversation.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Blackshirt
    Some stuff is just plain unbelievable. This being one.

Recruit
    I live in Idaho. Idaho is EXTREMELY anti-Obama, but the sign is stupid and has nothing to do with Idaho.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

All American
    While many may find this offensive, this is freedom of expression - Free Speech. You do not have to like it, but if we advocate suppressing expression like this, it will not be long before we are like China, where only the state sponsored messages are heard. Once again, I will quote "The American President":

For the record: yes, I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU. But the more important question is why aren't you, Bob? Now, this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, so it naturally begs the question: Why would a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the Constitution? If you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago. America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".
    This is my sentiment. Free speech, freedom of expression - neither should be defined or limited. When we start deciding what is right and what is wrong, we start down the slippery slope of censorship that we will never be able to stop. Is this billboard right, wrong, factual or offensive? Only you can say how it makes you feel, based upon your morals & values.

Just my
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

All Legend
    What's wrong with the billboard....which statement is not true?