Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Democrats try slipping gun control amendment in cyber bill

Scout Team

Democrats try slipping gun control amendment in cyber bill

Funny reading Chuck Schumer, sounds like some on this board:

"We can debate where to draw the line of reasonableness, but we might be able to come to an agreement in the middle,” Schumer said. “Maybe, maybe, maybe we can pass some laws that might, might, might stop some of the unnecessary casualties … maybe there’s a way we can some together and try to break through the log jam and make sure the country is a better place.”

Sounds reasonable until I see who -I guess he considers in the middle- the sponsors of the bill are, Boxer,Feinstein, Lautenberg, Gilibrand.....no thanks.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...ontrol-measure

pray for me ;)
    This is reason #2846 why our political system sucks. Why are items that have nothing to do with one another on the same bill.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    This is reason #2846 why our political system sucks. Why are items that have nothing to do with one another on the same bill.

I do agree with you on that point. I wish bills could be voted on a issue by issue basis without this slipping riders on these bills

All Big 10
    You shouldn't have to horse trade to get your bill passed...if you do maybe the bill shouldn't be brought to a vote in the first place.

I brought this issue up at a candidate forum we held here. The answer from both sides was "this is an important part of how things get done"...which didn't go over very well.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    "this is an important part of how things get done"
    "sixth letter of the alphabet" that.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    "sixth letter of the alphabet" that.
    Same thing with earmarks..."If we didn't have earmarks we couldn't get support for any bill"...well maybe it isn't a good bill or maybe it is an unneeded bill or maybe you shouldn't try to present bills that only serve the interest of yourself, family, and/or friends.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Same thing with earmarks..."If we didn't have earmarks we couldn't get support for any bill"...well maybe it isn't a good bill or maybe it is an unneeded bill or maybe you shouldn't try to present bills that only serve the interest of yourself, family, and/or friends.
    Agree.