Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripp Palin uses gay slur

All Legend

Tripp Palin uses gay slur

Calls his aunt a f-----t and Bristol and Willow act like it's cute. Not a lot of effective parenting going on either. Makes you wonder whether Sarah's household was the same way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ref=gay-voices

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22/tripp-palin-************-gay-slur-bristol-palin-_n_1693681.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voiceswas the same way.

All Legend
    Here's Willow herself using it a couple of years ago, so I guess it might not have come from Levi's side of the family.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/16/sarah-...the-stars-tlc/

Junior Varsity
    The typical "reality" shows these days seem to find audiences who expect to see train wrecks. If my child ever wanted to do such a show, I would counsel against it in the strongest way possible.

In this case, when you think about why this young woman got the show in the first place, it is so silly. Why wouldn't you expect this kind of outcome? And the blogs criticizing it are probably delighting the producers - more eyes are drawn to the broadcast.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

God of Huskermax

Palins = RWT

Red Shirt
    So now the words of a 4 or 5 year old grandson of a former politician are political fodder?

This is such an important topic. Not like we have anything like the economy to focus on.

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    So now the words of a 4 or 5 year old grandson of a former politician are political fodder?

This is such an important topic. Not like we have anything like the economy to focus on.
    Pffft. Your post = RWT

I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Not even sure if Tripp knows what it means...kids do the darnest things these days....so cute.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Not even sure if Tripp knows what it means...kids do the darnest things these days....so cute.
    We feel the same about you sometimes...
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Junior Varsity

Of course it is important for those who want to vilify the Palens.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

All Legend

Are we to the point where we can't focus on more than one thing at a time?
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Of course it is important for those who want to vilify the Palens.
    Palins.

And I don't know if vilification is the right term, but it's good to know where some people are coming from.

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Are we to the point where we can't focus on more than one thing at a time?
    Of course we can - I just have a hard time understanding how or why this would make the top 500 or so that are worth focusing on.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Of course we can - I just have a hard time understanding how or why this would make the top 500 or so that are worth focusing on.
    You don't think a family in the public eye teaching a child to use a homophobic slur is an issue? Would it be different if it were a racial slur?

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

All Legend

Sarah Palin is recently complaining about not being invited to the RNC. The way her family functions, especially when it's displayed on reality tv, is relevant to the sort of person she is and culture she sets.

Heisman

Sarah Palin is recently complaining about not being invited to the RNC. The way her family functions, especially when it's displayed on reality tv, is relevant to the sort of person she is and culture she sets.
    I guess if you say so... I still fail to see the relevance of reporting breathlessly on the actions of her toddler-aged grandson - absolutely ridiculous, IMHO. But I guess since there are enough like you who seem to think its somehow relevant news and therefore appear to hang on it, they'll keep reporting on it.

All Legend

I guess if you say so... I still fail to see the relevance of reporting breathlessly on the actions of her toddler-aged grandson - absolutely ridiculous, IMHO. But I guess since there are enough like you who seem to think its somehow relevant news and therefore appear to hang on it, they'll keep reporting on it.
    I'm hanging on it? Really?

I can't remember if I've ever going to huffpost other than following a link.

But, I do wish people would quit acting like the Palins bring anything of value to the national policy table. Episodes like this demonstrate their mindset and cultural approach.

I'd think it was an equally big deal if one of the Obama girls did something similar.

Heisman

But, I do wish people would quit acting like the Palins bring anything of value to the national policy table. Episodes like this demonstrate their mindset and cultural approach.
    I think there are very few who think they DO bring anything of value to the national policy table at this point - not saying none, but very few. Having said that, I think its ridiculous for you to claim that "episodes like thsi demonstrate their mindset and cultural approach." Do you think that we should all think that the shooting rampage in Colorado "demonstrates the mindset and cultural approach" of the shooter's parents and family? Either contention is ridiculous, IMHO.

I'd think it was an equally big deal if one of the Obama girls did something similar.
    I wouldn't - I'd think it was equally stupid for the media to be reporting on - that is, of course, if one categorizes HuffPost as "media" in the first place.

In other News.. Obama has a Drunk Driving uncle here illegally..

I think there are very few who think they DO bring anything of value to the national policy table at this point - not saying none, but very few. Having said that, I think its ridiculous for you to claim that "episodes like thsi demonstrate their mindset and cultural approach." Do you think that we should all think that the shooting rampage in Colorado "demonstrates the mindset and cultural approach" of the shooter's parents and family? Either contention is ridiculous, IMHO.

I wouldn't - I'd think it was equally stupid for the media to be reporting on - that is, of course, if one categorizes HuffPost as "media" in the first place.
    I have to disagree with you here McKinney. First, what comes out of a three year old's mouth absolutely reflects on the family as a whole. Where else did he learn a word like that? And if my kids said a word that ugly, I guarantee you the reaction in my house would not be stifled laughter. That just confirms for me that the kid learned the word from his mother and aunt.

I am glad that Sarah Palin is finally drifting off the stage. She has had far more than her 15 minutes. She reflects the worst of our party.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Anything that hastens Palin's departure from the stage of conservatism and/or the Republican party is fine by me.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)