Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: what happened to all of our "legacy Recruits"?

Recruit

what happened to all of our "legacy Recruits"?

So earlier in the year there were several post about us having legacy recruits. Some have been talked about here recently others haven't. Just curious if anyone knows anything about. I know its early in the year filled some positions with great and amazing athletes.

Chans Cox committed elsewhere

Jj gustafson committed elsewhere

Minter no offer, no commitment anywhere

under stand drake martinez- read it on a different thread.

Nick ramiriez ( not a legacy another one that was a huge husker lean

Chans Cox was initially offered on offense, contrary to most of his offers which came at linebacker. The largest concern was his shoulder, which he injured last year. There was some concern as to whether his shoulder is healed up. I'm not sure whether or not the shoulder factored in to our recruitment. I do think it is worth noting that he wanted to play linebacker, and we had a number of options ahead of him. I'm very happy with our LB group for this year. Banderas, Newby, and Love are an excellent set.

JJ Gustafson was never one I thought we were going hard after. OT out of Dallas, committed to A&M. As I recall, it was always A&M, Arkansas, and others in the area. I'm not sure he ever looked outside the Big 12/SEC.

Mike Minter Jr
    is a recruitment that is kind of taking place behind the scenes. The way I understand it? He'll commit if he gets a committable offer. As of right now, that's not in hand.

Drake Martinez has been discussed recently. Just doing his thing, wants to make sure he makes the right decision.

Nick Ramirez is one that surprised me when he committed to Missouri. He lives just south of KC, in Lee's Summit, so the distance makes sense. But at the time, I thought we were sitting well. Doesn't bother me in hindsight -- We've got the solid LB class. But I was surprised we lost out so early on that one.

Party like it's 1985!
    Banderas 4* is N
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Varsity
    Legacy recruits?? Do you mean Dorfman?
    Flounder.jpg

"I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Banderas 4* is N
    Kids going to be a stud. Glad he is N

Just because these kids are legacies doesn't necessarily make them Nebraska fans... Especially so if they grew-up outside the state of Nebraska. Maybe, initially, they had NU on their radar because of their fathers, but ultimately it is their decision.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by cornbred N cornfed View Post
    Just because these kids are legacies doesn't necessarily make them Nebraska fans... Especially so if they grew-up outside the state of Nebraska. Maybe, initially, they had NU on their radar because of their fathers, but ultimately it is their decision.
    Yeah a lot of assumtions thinking these kids grew up NU fans. Their just young and un-educated lol