Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Elite 11 QB Rankings>>>INSIDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I never said they had a thing against Nebraska....I said they have an agenda and they are biased towards certain schools and i stand behind that as the proof is there year after year....
    And I can agree with this from observation over time, but as I said, there is a lot of qb talent out there this year, it seems. Rivals does acknowledge that they had no information as to the didactic aspects of the competition, which, obviously, boosted JS a great deal. But, with that acknowledgement you might think that they would change their views somewhat as to who the final elite 11 would be by realizing that those in the know have more credence than Rivals seems willing to admit.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I never said they had a thing against Nebraska....I said they have an agenda and they are biased towards certain schools and i stand behind that as the proof is there year after year....
    I never said that you did...I did say that you thought something was "afoul" at Rivals, by that I meant your comments about them "playing politics," which would seem to be in conflict with their mission. I showed your exact quote to that extent.

I've always been consistent about Rivals since I joined HP/HM and said they are biased towards certain schools and I standby that...all you have to do is follow them year in and year out to see that....

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I never said that you did...I did say that you thought something was "afoul" at Rivals, by that I meant your comments about them "playing politics," which would seem to be in conflict with their mission. I showed your exact quote to that extent.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I do not expect uniform agreement. But Johnny Stanton ranked #1 on day one, #1 on day two, and #6 on day three in the coaches' rankings. I think it to be a fair assumption that he'd make the top eleven when the coaches believed him to have had the best showing in two of the three days.
    I think it is silly to think that one group (elite 11) has the sole expertise in determining who the best 11 QB's are in HS. I think that in a free market, the "experts" at all of the services can pick their own order/ranking without deferring to another group. People can judge for themselves who they want to believe. The truth is, the best HS QB might not ever have been at the elite 11 camp, or, he may have been there but been ill and performed miserably. I am very glad JS did well and made the elite 11. It might give him even greater confidence than he already has and the interaction with the other QB's likely benefitted him as well. But, we are taking this rating system stuff far too seriously...way worse than when we we being coached by beelzebub.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I think it is silly to think that one group (elite 11) has the sole expertise in determining who the best 11 QB's are in HS. I think that in a free market, the "experts" at all of the services can pick their own order/ranking without deferring to another group. People can judge for themselves who they want to believe. The truth is, the best HS QB might not ever have been at the elite 11 camp, or, he may have been there but been ill and performed miserably. I am very glad JS did well and made the elite 11. It might give him even greater confidence than he already has and the interaction with the other QB's likely benefitted him as well. But, we are taking this rating system stuff far too seriously...way worse than when we we being coached by beelzebub.
    Keep in mind: The Elite 11 isn't just a place for analysts to bump and drop these kids in rankings. The event featured college quarterbacks (like USC's Barkley) and the high school players were coached throughout the event. In fact, Johnny's "coachability" was one thing that really stuck out to analysts. Coaches saw something, showed him how to correct it, and he'd make immediate adjustments.

You're very right -- The top quarterback may not have been there. That's why these services constantly re-evaluate.

Stanton's place as an Elite 11 finalist should be looked at as an achievement, but it certainly doesn't guarantee he'll end up a top ten quarterback in the country.

In recruiting -- literally everything​ should be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Example JS commits to NU high 3*....JS commits to Notre Dame 4*.
    Can you give an example of where this actually happens? Not saying Rivals is unbiased. I think there is some bias in what they do, but I don't think they're quite as slanted as many people think they are. Recruiting is subjective on a case by case basis. On the whole though I think Rivals gets it right more often than not.