Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Stanton at the Elite 11 QB camp; photo of him in a Husker hat

Smile Johnny Stanton at the Elite 11 QB camp; photo of him in a Husker hat

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

You want to talk about a team leader, Stanton will not be at day 4 so he can be with his team in 7 on 7.

Says allot doesn't it?...

Quote Originally Posted by 215Husker View Post
    You want to talk about a team leader, Stanton will not be at day 4 so he can be with his team in 7 on 7.

Big Red Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Says allot doesn't it?...
    Sure does!

All Legend
    Big things in his future here.

Husker Immortal
    This kid is a Keeper!!!
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

mitchsherman Mitch Sherman
    Johnny Stanton remains No. 1 in the second set of #elite11 staff rankings today. Full list in a minute #Huskers

He mainted his #1 ranking through the whole camp up until he left to go with his team for 7 on 7. Will it be enough to still gain the MVP title since he will miss one day? Going to be interesting to see if they will still give him teh MVP considering he was so consistent before he left! I am pulling for this kid to get the MVP!!! GBR

Travel Squad
    I would love to see him get MVP or other top honors. On the other hand, with that comes the attention. Hopefully, he is solid in his commitment and won't be swayed by new-found sweet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    I would love to see him get MVP or other top honors. On the other hand, with that comes the attention. Hopefully, he is solid in his commitment and won't be swayed by new-found sweet talk.
    Everyone keeps saying that, but I really dont think that he is the type of character who committs to something and reverses his decision. He seems to be the type of young man that gives you his word and holds true to it...so even with the added attention and maybe other schools trying to pry him....IMO i dont think he budges....OTH i do believe that him doing this well and possibly getting MVP will help reel in some other recruits that might see something in him and want to play with a QB like that who has tremendous leadership, smartness, and potential!!! Plus he is already recruiting for us....so he aint going nowhere my friends!!! I cant wait to see the Elite 11 televised in Aug.

This kid is solid....he is not going anywhere else....so I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Herb da Husker View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that, but I really dont think that he is the type of character who committs to something and reverses his decision. He seems to be the type of young man that gives you his word and holds true to it...so even with the added attention and maybe other schools trying to pry him....IMO i dont think he budges....OTH i do believe that him doing this well and possibly getting MVP will help reel in some other recruits that might see something in him and want to play with a QB like that who has tremendous leadership, smartness, and potential!!! Plus he is already recruiting for us....so he aint going nowhere my friends!!! I cant wait to see the Elite 11 televised in Aug.

Its funny that ESPN just came out with their new 150 adn 300 lists of top all around players and after his Elite 11 performance JOhnny comes in all the way at 274th....LMAO!!! He has competed with all the top QB's and shown he is #1 consistently through 4 days, but every one of those other QB's is ranked higher than him...no love!! BTW...NU not even in top 25 of best overall recruiting classes...but of course there is still a long ways to go before signing day...and also I scrolled through top 300 list and didnt see an N symbol until 274th...but we have some who are higher that we are pushing hard for and we are in their top choices. 187th, 154th, 123, 96, 59, 51st, and 6th!!!!!! GBR

ESPN and recruiting are beyond pathetic....just ask HIO....then again Rivals gives them a run for their money when it comes to biases....

Quote Originally Posted by Herb da Husker View Post
    Its funny that ESPN just came out with their new 150 adn 300 lists of top all around players and after his Elite 11 performance JOhnny comes in all the way at 274th....LMAO!!! He has competed with all the top QB's and shown he is #1 consistently through 4 days, but every one of those other QB's is ranked higher than him...no love!! BTW...NU not even in top 25 of best overall recruiting classes...but of course there is still a long ways to go before signing day...and also I scrolled through top 300 list and didnt see an N symbol until 274th...but we have some who are higher that we are pushing hard for and we are in their top choices. 187th, 154th, 123, 96, 59, 51st, and 6th!!!!!! GBR

ESPN and recruiting are beyond pathetic....just ask HIO....then again Rivals gives them a run for their money when it comes to biases....
    rgr that!! LMAO! Doesnt it just irk you to know that we can't get teh respect we deserve with the kids we bring in with some of these politically motivated recruiting services. A lot of these young kids look at that stuff and feed off of that...and you'd be crazy not to think that these recruits aren't looking at those rankings to see what type caliber players NU is bringing N and whether they should bring their talents to NU!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Red Shirt

It's ridiculous and people will catch on the longer this continues. Amazing that he can beat out Browne and Hackenburg and yet remain so far below them. Each players team and competition makes individual comparisons difficult, but to defeat them in a competitive setting and not jump them in ranking points to blatant bias.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.

This has been going on for a while with both of these recruiting services and anyone following it can attest to that....

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer7 View Post
    It's ridiculous and people will catch on the longer this continues. Amazing that he can beat out Browne and Hackenburg and yet remain so far below them. Each players team and competition makes individual comparisons difficult, but to defeat them in a competitive setting and not jump them in ranking points to blatant bias.

All American
    Ratings are meaningless. good coaches do their own filmwork and evaluations.

I prefer we recruit the guys who fit in our system, and let the Bill Callahans of the world chase star rankings.
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.

I disagree they are not meaningless....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post

I prefer we recruit the guys who fit in our system, and let the Bill Callahans of the world chase star rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post

I agree with you, however at some point I think the ratings can influence who may or may not even remotely consider NU as a viable option to bring their talents here. Afterall, Nebraska is not the most lucrative location for recruits and considering that by the numbers...most recruits come from East and West Coasts, Texas, and Ohio many of them just dont want leave a 500mile radius becasue they want to stay near family.....SO having consistent top rated recruiting classes could go a long ways in swaying more top tier recruits to take a chance on NU bc other high caliber players are choosing NU and it wouldnt feel out of the norm for them to come here to play out here in middle America. I love Bo and this staff they can really coach up and prepare athletes....can you imagine if it was the norm to bring in consistent top 10 recruiting classes of what Bo and Staff could do with that talent?! We dont need to be top 5, but bt 5-15 should be our norm. WE ARE NEBRASKA WE SHOULDNT EXPECT LESS. Ratings to me personally dont mean much, but to these yound kids it does and im sure that having other top level talent already committed can help lure in more top talent. I bet it was easier for TO to bring in more top notch talent once NU began to win natl. championships adn Big XII Championships. I believe this recruiting class ends up rated at 14 overall which is another step in right direction but it has to stay there at a minimum IMHO. GBR!!! "We just love you man!"

Varsity
    How dare he.......... Does he not know that BLACK isn't an official color for NU.......
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Yeah I have both a red and black hat myself...and get told that sometimes about my black hat....LOL...and I still wear it...

Its all good...

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    How dare he.......... Does he not know that BLACK isn't an official color for NU.......