Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Taylor Martinez on a watch list??

  1. #1
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Husker Nation
    Posts
    474

    Taylor Martinez on a watch list??

    Nebraska's own Taylor Martinez has made the Davey O'Brien National QB Award watch list!

    Not sure it will happen, but hope he has a great year!

    GO B1G RED!!!

    http://blog.daveyobrien.org/2012/07/...ist-announced/

  2. #2
    Junior Varsity
    schuskerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,124
    a little "fan" support surely won't hurt. GBR!
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

  3. #3
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,640
    Congrats to Martinez! Hope he has a great year.

  4. #4
    Intellectual Patriot
    Squatchsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    15,251
    He is also on a watch list from Nebraska Furniture Mart for new a new microwave.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

    I love fan mail.

  5. #5
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    65,516
    He's on my Watch List also. I'll be watching to see if his footwork and mechanics have improved, if he can hit receivers in stride, if he can run around somebody, and if he can slide without getting killed. I really hope he has a better year and I'm looking forward to see his effort pay off.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."




  6. #6
    Travel Squad
    BakNthday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sonoma County California
    Posts
    7,302
    Good to see this. Hopefully, the added recognition will only add to his motivation. Hoping for a very good year for him.

  7. #7
    Husker Immortal
    carrolltonsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    134,081
    I don't think that I will bet the farm that he eventually wins, but I am glad that he made the Watch List.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)


  8. #8
    Junior Varsity
    MyBraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    behind enemy lines in Boulder County
    Posts
    6,197
    I'm delighted he is getting the notice. The kid deserves it. A little positive reinforcement can go a long way. And I'll be "watching" too.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

  9. #9
    Old Timer

    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    He's on my Watch List also. I'll be watching to see if his footwork and mechanics have improved, if he can hit receivers in stride, if he can run around somebody, and if he can slide without getting killed. I really hope he has a better year and I'm looking forward to see his effort pay off.
    Just curious. How many times has that happened in his career?

    Congratulations to Taylor Martinez for getting some positive recognition. Hope he wins it!

  10. #10
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    65,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post
    Just curious. How many times has that happened in his career?

    Congratulations to Taylor Martinez for getting some positive recognition. Hope he wins it!
    I don't know, but not learning that skill is a quick way to end a career.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."




  11. #11
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    42,484
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I don't know, but not learning that skill is a quick way to end a career.
    Especially with a frame like his.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

  12. #12
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The end of the earth
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post
    Just curious. How many times has that happened in his career?

    Congratulations to Taylor Martinez for getting some positive recognition. Hope he wins it!
    Surely you're not suggesting he has mastered the fine art of not getting his head separated from his body, metaphorically speaking, are you? I know that hasn't happen yet but there were a few that I looked very closely at the field to see that he got up with it still attached.

  13. #13
    Red Shirt
    Runway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    McLouth, KS
    Posts
    1,550
    With TM on healthy wheels again, it will be very exciting watching him!

  14. #14
    Recruit
    One Man Jury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Posts
    439
    Got a lot of upside. I have high expectations for TM. Knock 'em dead, Taylor!
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

  15. #15
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,224
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    I'm delighted he is getting the notice. The kid deserves it. A little positive reinforcement can go a long way. And I'll be "watching" too.
    This! Not sure anybody has worked harder on this team than Taylor. I wish the kid nothing but the best.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  16. #16
    Old Timer

    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting he has mastered the fine art of not getting his head separated from his body, metaphorically speaking, are you? I know that hasn't happen yet but there were a few that I looked very closely at the field to see that he got up with it still attached.
    Surely you're not suggesting that TM has been killed??? I thought he was at the Manning QB camp this last week and surely he would be there if he were dead?? Would he??

    Look, I know that this is absurd. It is just as absurd as what ThotDoc wrote. I understand that what he wrote is hyperbole to the max, but it is over the top IMO. What gets under my skin is that the Nebraska Cornhuskers have a quarterback that apparently SOME people think that he is good enough to be named to a watch list and what I see in that post is a critique of all of Martinez's warts. Anyone with a modicum of football intelligence knows that TM has a lot of work to do to become a great QB, but to see all the crap come out in a thread that I took to be a congratulatory opportunity is bush league. It just sticks in my craw that some folks cannot say a simple "thank you" or "way to go" and save the BS "get killed" stuff for some other more appropriate opportunity. That is my two cents worth and if you don't understand where I am coming from then I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

    Once again, Congratulations Taylor, on being selected to the O'Brien watch list.

  17. #17
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Apollo Beach,Florida
    Posts
    56
    Well said.Thank you!

  18. #18
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    65,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting that TM has been killed??? I thought he was at the Manning QB camp this last week and surely he would be there if he were dead?? Would he??

    Look, I know that this is absurd. It is just as absurd as what ThotDoc wrote. I understand that what he wrote is hyperbole to the max, but it is over the top IMO. What gets under my skin is that the Nebraska Cornhuskers have a quarterback that apparently SOME people think that he is good enough to be named to a watch list and what I see in that post is a critique of all of Martinez's warts. Anyone with a modicum of football intelligence knows that TM has a lot of work to do to become a great QB, but to see all the crap come out in a thread that I took to be a congratulatory opportunity is bush league. It just sticks in my craw that some folks cannot say a simple "thank you" or "way to go" and save the BS "get killed" stuff for some other more appropriate opportunity. That is my two cents worth and if you don't understand where I am coming from then I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

    Once again, Congratulations Taylor, on being selected to the O'Brien watch list.
    Ouch! Did you read my entire post? He's been working hard and I'm excited to see his improvement. I just don't want to see him lost to injury if it is preventable.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."




  19. #19
    Old Timer

    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Ouch! Did you read my entire post? He's been working hard and I'm excited to see his improvement. I just don't want to see him lost to injury if it is preventable.
    The answer to the bold is, "Yes, I did." and if you read all of my response to Scarlet's post you would know that it sounded like a critique of some or all of TM's faults according to you. I found that pretty insensitive in this particular thread (as I said in that post also). Why is it necessary for Martinez critics to point these flaws out in every damn thread his name is mentioned? I get it. There are a lot of folks that think NU would be better off with someone else at QB. At least that is what it sounds like to me. So be it. I have to accept that. But I feel compelled to at least get my two cents worth in when I see something I think is, at a minimum, insensitive.

    I don't expect you to understand. This is merely one poster's opinion.

  20. #20
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The end of the earth
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop Corn View Post
    The answer to the bold is, "Yes, I did." and if you read all of my response to Scarlet's post you would know that it sounded like a critique of some or all of TM's faults according to you. I found that pretty insensitive in this particular thread (as I said in that post also). Why is it necessary for Martinez critics to point these flaws out in every damn thread his name is mentioned? I get it. There are a lot of folks that think NU would be better off with someone else at QB. At least that is what it sounds like to me. So be it. I have to accept that. But I feel compelled to at least get my two cents worth in when I see something I think is, at a minimum, insensitive.

    I don't expect you to understand. This is merely one poster's opinion.

    Really? I actually thought the Doc's post was rather factual. What part of his post wasn't fact. Now if we can't talk fact around here but instead are required to hold hero worship sessions, then what's the next stop? Sounds too Penn State-ish to me.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •