Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: The Master Uniform Thread

  1. #1
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415

    The Master Uniform Thread

    With all the talk about Nebraska's alternate uniforms for the 2012 season, I figured we needed a single location for discussing uniform updates and/or conceptual uniforms or mock-ups. Also note that while our conversations typically revolve around Nebraska (obviously), this thread is intended for posts about updates to our opponents' uniforms or other teams around the country.

    A great example would be the new Minnesota uniforms that Formo posted a while back.

    ================================================== ===============
    Mods, if you feel that this belongs in another forum please feel free to move it.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  2. #2
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  3. #3
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415
    Looks like the Illini are considering alternate helmets for the 2012 season:


    http://btn.com/2012/01/30/illini-con...mets-for-2012/



    And they may have a completely new look when the Huskers face them in 2013:
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  4. #4
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415
    Looks like our buddies down in Lubbock have added a Tramp Stamp to their uniform sets.

    You stay classy, Red Raiders:
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  5. #5
    Scout Team
    HZKRFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE: Husker Ground Zero!
    Posts
    4,355
    Had heard someone refer to the lower back tattoo as a Bumper Sticker......that cracked me up!

  6. #6
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415
    Drumroll, please....


    Looks like the 2012 jerseys will feature a B1G patch opposite the traditional Husker jersey patch.

    Personally, I'm not a big fan of the large Adidas logo smack in the middle of the chest. I'd prefer that it was in the collar or on the back of the jersey above the player name. Right now, the front of the jersey looks really cluttered.

    Also, it appears that Adidas has created a new cut for the Tech Fit jerseys. Last year's featured virtually no sleeves at all which led to the shoulder stripes getting distorted when the jersey wrapped around the shoulder pads:



    Looks like the new cut has slightly longer sleeves and a different hem pattern around the shoulders which should hopefully prevent bunching of the fabric.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  7. #7
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mead, WA
    Posts
    16,717
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post

    Personally, I'm not a big fan of the large Adidas logo smack in the middle of the chest. I'd prefer that it was in the collar or on the back of the jersey above the player name. Right now, the front of the jersey looks really cluttered.

    .
    I agree...I like the smaller logo right in front collar. I am digging those Arkansas white helmets

  8. #8
    Starter
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    12,343
    aTm's new uniform is nice....I can dig it. Don't like the "Mexican Restaurant" look for the Illinois's new unis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

  9. #9
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Drumroll, please....


    Looks like the 2012 jerseys will feature a B1G patch opposite the traditional Husker jersey patch.

    Personally, I'm not a big fan of the large Adidas logo smack in the middle of the chest. I'd prefer that it was in the collar or on the back of the jersey above the player name. Right now, the front of the jersey looks really cluttered.

    Also, it appears that Adidas has created a new cut for the Tech Fit jerseys. Last year's featured virtually no sleeves at all which led to the shoulder stripes getting distorted when the jersey wrapped around the shoulder pads:



    Looks like the new cut has slightly longer sleeves and a different hem pattern around the shoulders which should hopefully prevent bunching of the fabric.
    Where can I get one? An actual official jersey? All I ever see is replica like jersey with screen printed #'s it seems. At any rate, that looks real nice and I agree Duck, looks like the fit problem should be corrected. Also agree the adidas logo could be a bit less conspicuous.

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard



  10. #10
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415
    It appears that Northwestern is about to look more stripey.

    View the Complete Gallery of Jersey Images Here!



    The away set looks infinitely better than the home set. The purple jersey + black stripes makes me think of a rugby sweater. Ugly.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  11. #11
    Red Shirt
    PimpMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,705
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Both of those are TERRIBLE. I mean really really bad. Having said that they home are worse than the away.

  12. #12
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    It appears that Northwestern is about to look more stripey.

    View the Complete Gallery of Jersey Images Here!



    The away set looks infinitely better than the home set. The purple jersey + black stripes makes me think of a rugby sweater. Ugly.
    I actually don't mind them. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care to see Nebraska in something like this but for the other NU it works. It's outside the box but not ludicrous like the junk Oregon wears.

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard



  13. #13
    Blackshirt
    Ogahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    14,954
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Looks like our buddies down in Lubbock have added a Tramp Stamp to their uniform sets.

    You stay classy, Red Raiders:



    Looks like "BUNS UP" so they know how to put their pants on.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

  14. #14
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,415
    They still reek of rugby sweater.

    At least they had the good sense to actually use the classic "Northwestern Stripe" pattern. That's a staple of NW that should have never left their uniforms.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  15. #15
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    They still reek of rugby sweater.

    At least they had the good sense to actually use the classic "Northwestern Stripe" pattern. That's a staple of NW that should have never left their uniforms.
    I think that's what I like about them to be honest. I'm convinced you and I are gonna agree on something uniform related one of these days Duck!

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •