Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Master Uniform Thread

Scout Team

The Master Uniform Thread

With all the talk about Nebraska's alternate uniforms for the 2012 season, I figured we needed a single location for discussing uniform updates and/or conceptual uniforms or mock-ups. Also note that while our conversations typically revolve around Nebraska (obviously), this thread is intended for posts about updates to our opponents' uniforms or other teams around the country.

A great example would be the new Minnesota uniforms that Formo posted a while back.

================================================== ===============
    Mods, if you feel that this belongs in another forum please feel free to move it.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

Scout Team
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

Scout Team
    Looks like the Illini are considering alternate helmets for the 2012 season:

http://btn.com/2012/01/30/illini-con...mets-for-2012/

And they may have a completely new look when the Huskers face them in 2013:

Scout Team
    Looks like our buddies down in Lubbock have added a Tramp Stamp to their uniform sets.

You stay classy, Red Raiders:

Scout Team
    Had heard someone refer to the lower back tattoo as a Bumper Sticker......that cracked me up!

Scout Team
    Drumroll, please....

Looks like the 2012 jerseys will feature a B1G patch opposite the traditional Husker jersey patch.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the large Adidas logo smack in the middle of the chest. I'd prefer that it was in the collar or on the back of the jersey above the player name. Right now, the front of the jersey looks really cluttered.

Also, it appears that Adidas has created a new cut for the Tech Fit jerseys. Last year's featured virtually no sleeves at all which led to the shoulder stripes getting distorted when the jersey wrapped around the shoulder pads:

Looks like the new cut has slightly longer sleeves and a different hem pattern around the shoulders which should hopefully prevent bunching of the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the large Adidas logo smack in the middle of the chest. I'd prefer that it was in the collar or on the back of the jersey above the player name. Right now, the front of the jersey looks really cluttered.

I agree...I like the smaller logo right in front collar. I am digging those Arkansas white helmets

Starter
    aTm's new uniform is nice....I can dig it. Don't like the "Mexican Restaurant" look for the Illinois's new unis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Cake or Death?
    Drumroll, please....

Looks like the 2012 jerseys will feature a B1G patch opposite the traditional Husker jersey patch.

Also, it appears that Adidas has created a new cut for the Tech Fit jerseys. Last year's featured virtually no sleeves at all which led to the shoulder stripes getting distorted when the jersey wrapped around the shoulder pads:

Looks like the new cut has slightly longer sleeves and a different hem pattern around the shoulders which should hopefully prevent bunching of the fabric.
    Where can I get one? An actual official jersey? All I ever see is replica like jersey with screen printed #'s it seems. At any rate, that looks real nice and I agree Duck, looks like the fit problem should be corrected. Also agree the adidas logo could be a bit less conspicuous.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Scout Team
    It appears that Northwestern is about to look more stripey.

View the Complete Gallery of Jersey Images Here!

The away set looks infinitely better than the home set. The purple jersey + black stripes makes me think of a rugby sweater. Ugly.

Red Shirt
    Both of those are TERRIBLE. I mean really really bad. Having said that they home are worse than the away.

Cake or Death?
    It appears that Northwestern is about to look more stripey.

View the Complete Gallery of Jersey Images Here!

The away set looks infinitely better than the home set. The purple jersey + black stripes makes me think of a rugby sweater. Ugly.
    I actually don't mind them. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care to see Nebraska in something like this but for the other NU it works. It's outside the box but not ludicrous like the junk Oregon wears.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Blackshirt
    Looks like our buddies down in Lubbock have added a Tramp Stamp to their uniform sets.

You stay classy, Red Raiders:

Looks like "BUNS UP" so they know how to put their pants on.
    I used to have superpowers.....but my therapist took them away...

Scout Team
    They still reek of rugby sweater.

At least they had the good sense to actually use the classic "Northwestern Stripe" pattern. That's a staple of NW that should have never left their uniforms.

Cake or Death?
    They still reek of rugby sweater.

At least they had the good sense to actually use the classic "Northwestern Stripe" pattern. That's a staple of NW that should have never left their uniforms.
    I think that's what I like about them to be honest. I'm convinced you and I are gonna agree on something uniform related one of these days Duck!