Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Obama campaign not giving up on this blatant misrepresentation?

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinosker View Post
    Don't worry your false accusations will go unchallenged once again.
    Thought you were leaving!?! Or did RP's chicken comment get to you/
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Heisman
    Let me get this straight....Mr. Romney was listed as CEO, managing partner, president, sole stockholder, sole director and chief executive director and claims he had no interest in Bain Capital.....ok, got it, that makes sense.
    'Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
    Too noble to neglect
    Deceived me into thinking
    I had something to protect
    Good and bad, I define these terms
    Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now.'

Rebel Alliance
    And the Bainers keep coming out!
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy

Heisman

Wheres the lawsuit??

Heisman
    *inappropriate comment deleted by Chitown*
    Too noble to neglect

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by SamBass View Post
    *inappropriate comment deleted by Chitown*
    You just lost my respect

Let me get this straight....Mr. Romney was listed as CEO, managing partner, president, sole stockholder, sole director and chief executive director and claims he had no interest in Bain Capital.....ok, got it, that makes sense.
    Have you read any of the objective third party articles explaining the realities of the situation?
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Have you read any of the objective third party articles explaining the realities of the situation?
    Some, unfortunately, are just more interested in wanting to believe it and blow off anything to the contrary. Amazingly, this is turning out to be a birther type issue. After watching Gibbs get called out on ABC and all of the fact checking sites debunk it, I am amazed that not only is the Obama campaign not backing down, but it appears they are going full steam ahead with it.

As has been said, spin, exaggeration etc are all part of the "game" whether we like it or not. However, this clearly rises to another level like the Swift Boat issue. We the People like to beat on Congress and make them our scapegoats, but it's situations like these that show that We the People are part of the problem. We can't expect Congress to improve if we are going to allow something like this to continue or use the silly "they started it" or "they do it to" justifications. In many ways, the disaster that Congress has become is just a reflection of the actions of the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker View Post
    Some, unfortunately, are just more interested in wanting to believe it and blow off anything to the contrary. Amazingly, this is turning out to be a birther type issue. After watching Gibbs get called out on ABC and all of the fact checking sites debunk it, I am amazed that not only is the Obama campaign not backing down, but it appears they are going full steam ahead with it.

As has been said, spin, exaggeration etc are all part of the "game" whether we like it or not. However, this clearly rises to another level like the Swift Boat issue. We the People like to beat on Congress and make them our scapegoats, but it's situations like these that show that We the People are part of the problem. We can't expect Congress to improve if we are going to allow something like this to continue or use the silly "they started it" or "they do it to" justifications. In many ways, the disaster that Congress has become is just a reflection of the actions of the voters.
    Great post.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Husker in Spokane View Post
    Thought you were leaving!?! Or did RP's chicken comment get to you/
    I was still online waiting for an answer for something from someone. Sorry to disappoint you with my additional post.

That person PM'ed me back today. Much to Warhorse's delight (and yours apparently), I won't be on for a while again now.

Have to say that I'm surprised that I didn't get a PM from a mod on this yet. Of course, I'm not surprised that he's not called out for his false allegations of me personally attacking him.

Goodbye for a few weeks again folks!

I was still online waiting for an answer for something from someone. Sorry to disappoint you with my additional post.

That person PM'ed me back today. Much to Warhorse's delight (and yours apparently), I won't be on for a while again now.

Have to say that I'm surprised that I didn't get a PM from a mod on this yet. Of course, I'm not surprised that he's not called out for his false allegations of me personally attacking him.

Dude, what is with the silly drama? Warhorse said "constant personal sniping." Calling that a "false allegation of [you] personally attacking him is a stretch to say the least. As 57 would say, "big whop." Nobody is persecuting you. I have no earthy idea why you feel these sabbaticals are necessary, but it is not because of how you have been treated by the mods or anyone else.

Husker Immortal
    so have we determined why?

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Maybe not directly, but you've taken digs.
    man I take digs at anyone in the ditch

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

The thing that kills me about this is, it honestly doesn't matter either way. Romney being effective as a private equity guy is fine, that helps his resume, a little.

But whatever the case is -- whether he off-shored or "created jobs" at Bain -- it doesn't suggest he'll repeat the feat as president. They are two totally different jobs. It's like saying you don't want Bubba Starling as an NU QB because you're afraid he'll go around hitting the football with a bat.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerator 5000 View Post
    The thing that kills me about this is, it honestly doesn't matter either way. Romney being effective as a private equity guy is fine, that helps his resume, a little.

But whatever the case is -- whether he off-shored or "created jobs" at Bain -- it doesn't suggest he'll repeat the feat as president. They are two totally different jobs. It's like saying you don't want Bubba Starling as an NU QB because you're afraid he'll go around hitting the football with a bat.

Oh no he's a job creator he just doesnt remember when

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Of course I have...You have to admit it's quite the catch 22.
    Too noble to neglect

Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    And the Bainers keep coming out!
    Hey Cupcake I'm on your side now.......how bout those crazy fibbing liberals
    Too noble to neglect

God of Huskermax

See ya.

Oh my!
    Hey Cupcake I'm on your side now.......how bout those crazy fibbing liberals
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
    and the precedent set by past candidates is to show more than just 2 years of tax returns...not so much w/ showing your birth certificate. So there's that...
    My thinking exactly, not exactly comparable. Certainly not as racially motivated either.