Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Nebrasketball turn the corner??

#1 Husker Fan

Can Nebrasketball turn the corner??

I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Husker Fan

Yes we can!

Husker Immortal
    Probably, but I still think the turnaround will begin with a homegrown recruit. I don't see NU attracting very many top out-of-state players to Lincoln.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Probably, but I still think the turnaround will begin with a homegrown recruit. I don't see NU attracting very many top out-of-state players to Lincoln.
    Though nobody can say any different until it happens, I would disagree to a point. We have never, in my memory, gotten the talent to even visit that Coach Miles has gotten in here. The fact that a player committed to Florida decided to transfer here as soon as he saw the facilities says a lot. You can't underestimate how the bells and whistles can influence young people (or me for that matter )

What's turn the corner, though? There's no where to go but up, so I would hope Miles can turn some sort of corner. Doc never had a winning conference record, had only 1 20-win season, and never finished higher than 7th in the Big 12 or B1G.

We're not talking about Indian, trying to get back to their winning ways, we're talking about a program that has never really had any winning ways to use as a baseline for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    What's turn the corner, though? There's no where to go but up, so I would hope Miles can turn some sort of corner. Doc never had a winning conference record, had only 1 20-win season, and never finished higher than 7th in the Big 12 or B1G.

We're not talking about Indian, trying to get back to their winning ways, we're talking about a program that has never really had any winning ways to use as a baseline for success.
    I would argue the Danny Nee had a pretty good run at Nebraska. He put a lot of players in the pros and got us in the dance 2 or 3 times. I have realistic expectations for Nebraska and understand the limitations that we. At the same time every other team in the Big 12 made the ncaa tourney at some point. I don’t think we should be competing for conference championships every year but maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 years we are in it till the end. Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy44 View Post
    I would argue the Danny Nee had a pretty good run at Nebraska. He put a lot of players in the pros and got us in the dance 2 or 3 times. I have realistic expectations for Nebraska and understand the limitations that we. At the same time every other team in the Big 12 made the ncaa tourney at some point. I don’t think we should be competing for conference championships every year but maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 years we are in it till the end. Is that too much to ask?
    I agree that Nee had a good run, but his run was pretty brief in the grand scheme of things. IMO, his legacy at NU is putting guys in the NBA. Maybe you could put Nee's tenure as the minimum for success in the NU program. But really, 20-win seasons and a handful NCAA berths are pretty common for most power conference programs.

Junior Varsity
    I hope so.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by hpride1982 View Post
    Though nobody can say any different until it happens, I would disagree to a point. We have never, in my memory, gotten the talent to even visit that Coach Miles has gotten in here. The fact that a player committed to Florida decided to transfer here as soon as he saw the facilities says a lot. You can't underestimate how the bells and whistles can influence young people (or me for that matter )
    The two signees so far have potential, but neither had great seasons last year. I hope they continue to develop. I keep hearing the Danny Nee praises. Yes, he had some good teams, probably some of the greatest in NU history. However, he took advantage of local talent, and when that talent dried up, so did his success.

I hope I am wrong and that some Top 50 talent from around the country comes to Lincoln. However, I don't see it happening until we have some success with local players.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

I don't think I have had as high hopes for the program since we were a three seed.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

While i agree that the talent level has fallen off we have let a few good nebraska kids get away from us. I hope this Akoy (sp?) kid starts to reverse this trend.
    Plus didnt Miles have like 3 or 4 Nebraska players on his roster a CSU

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I don't think I have had as high hopes for the program since we were a three seed.
    And we know how that turned out.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

All Big 10
    I think we can become an occasional tourney game winner. Beyond that depends on coaching abilities of Miles that I don't have any read on.

I think even that will take time. I would be surprised if Miles can actually land very many blue chippers at the outset. The arena needs to get finished, the play become more competitive, the crowds alive and then Miles will have to sell the blue chippers on taking it to the next level.

I hope we give him time.

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post

I hope we give him time.
    I wouldn't worry about that. He'll get plenty of time.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy44 View Post
    While i agree that the talent level has fallen off we have let a few good nebraska kids get away from us. I hope this Akoy (sp?) kid starts to reverse this trend.
    Plus didnt Miles have like 3 or 4 Nebraska players on his roster a CSU
    Gonna be hard as he just announced Georgetown is his leader.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]