Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morris commits to UCLA; will still visit Nebraska

Morris commits to UCLA; will still visit Nebraska

OT Christian Morris, kid from TN, committed to UCLA but still plans to visit Nebraska in the fall.....have to admit if I was the UCLA coach I would not be excited about that...can you say 'placeholder'.....or free trip to Lincoln....take your pick...

Sean Callahan @Sean_CallahanOffensive lineman Christian Morris just announced he picked UCLA over Nebraska. #Huskers
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Travel Squad
    "If you're still taking visits, you are not committed."

Bo Pelini (paraphrased)
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt
    I'm not sure I really want this guy if he is going to play games like this. It is one thing to make a verbal commitment in good faith and then have second thoughts about it later. It is another thing to make a verbal commitment when you know you really are not committed.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    I'm not sure I really want this guy if he is going to play games like this. It is one thing to make a verbal commitment in good faith and then have second thoughts about it later. It is another thing to make a verbal commitment when you know you really are not committed.
    We're not sure his reasons behind commiting to UCLA. Could be parents, friends, relatives, coaches etc chirping in his ear, and he did it to quiet everyone down so he could make his own decision. I wouldnt read into the commitment as much as him still coming here for a visit...

Travel Squad
    Happens more than we would like. He could also cancel his visit to NU as well, we'll see. But, if he does visit, we have a good shot IMO. Very different environment.

He is taking more than this visit....sounds like his full allowance....

Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    Happens more than we would like. He could also cancel his visit to NU as well, we'll see. But, if he does visit, we have a good shot IMO. Very different environment.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Place holding happens more often than not. How I read into this is the recruit wants to be at one school but his parents/coaches/mentor/etc wants him at the other school. If he wants to visit the one school still, it's usually to convince his parents/coaches/mentor/etc that this is a better choice than the school that he has committed to.

I'm a cup half full guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Scout Team
    Hopefully we can fill his place with a different stud before his scheduled visit

Red Shirt
    Rivals shows him as a "solid" verbal yet he's planning on taking several officials elsewhere. I'd be inclined to change that to "soft" commit under these circumstances.

Travel Squad
    The young man gets five free trips to some of CFB's greatest venues -- we should be so lucky!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Place holding happens more often than not. How I read into this is the recruit wants to be at one school but his parents/coaches/mentor/etc wants him at the other school. If he wants to visit the one school still, it's usually to convince his parents/coaches/mentor/etc that this is a better choice than the school that he has committed to.

I'm a cup half full guy
    Or vice versa. Maybe his parents want him to visit other schools.

How would you advise your child. Take your visits and make sure you have all the info or just commit blindly?

#1 Husker Fan
    Christian will attend the NU-UCLA game. And then he is going to attend a game in Lincoln. I know he is a soft verbal to UCLA but I like our chances with this new info.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Captkenny View Post
    Or vice versa. Maybe his parents want him to visit other schools.

How would you advise your child. Take your visits and make sure you have all the info or just commit blindly?
    If it were me, knowing that the chance to see games at some of these places is limited. I would take all five of my visits and take my dad to the best matchups I could possibly get to though there is no way I would play there. Take advantage of the opportunity you have.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Christian will attend the NU-UCLA game. And then he is going to attend a game in Lincoln. I know he is a soft verbal to UCLA but I like our chances with this new info.
    Especially when he is at the game to see his two favorites play. I think Nebraska winning 31-13 and getting to see first-hand one program clearly more talented and farther along as a program (I think Mora was a good hire BTW). IMPO unless Nebraska fills some OL spots between now and October, Morris and Nebraska have not danced their last dance yet.

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Especially when he is at the game to see his two favorites play. I think Nebraska winning 31-13 and getting to see first-hand one program clearly more talented and farther along as a program (I think Mora was a good hire BTW). IMPO unless Nebraska fills some OL spots between now and October, Morris and Nebraska have not danced their last dance yet.
    It still concerns me that he mentioned the fact that UCLA is "rebuilding" as a positive.