Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 yolk...

Husker Fan

2 yolk...

in 1 egg...now how often does that happen to you guys? I had this happen to me this morning.

Happened to me twice in a row once. I thought I had a carton of eggs from mutated chickens or something, but the rest turned out being fine.

Husker Fan

it does make one pause for a few minutes LOL...

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Happened to me twice in a row once. I thought I had a carton of eggs from mutated chickens or something, but the rest turned out being fine.
    I too had this happen not too long ago. I needed extra toast.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Scout Team
    I bet my wife once years ago (before we had a dish washer) dishes for a month on the subject. I said that a particular egg was so big it was going to be a double yolker, she said not, I won!
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker in Spokane View Post
    I bet my wife once years ago (before we had a dish washer) dishes for a month on the subject. I said that a particular egg was so big it was going to be a double yolker, she said not, I won!
    How costly was the divorce?

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Head Lackey
    So you enjoyed twins this morning?

Yep, I'm jealous.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Intellectual Patriot
    How can people who are pro-life eat eggs? Isnt that an ethical conflict?
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    How can people who are pro-life eat eggs? Isnt that an ethical conflict?
    You're comparing apples to oranges.
    Abortion stops a beating heart, but toast will sop up an over easy egg...

Incidentally, the yolk in an egg is not the chicken embryo. It is the nutrients that would feed the chicken. The eggs we eat are unfertilized, meaning there is no chicken fetus in the egg. I never knew that until a few days ago. I always assumed the yolk is what would become the chicken.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    Abortion stops a beating heart, but toast will sop up an over easy egg...
    I beleive that Daniel Tosh would now comment on how funny it would be if you were raped by a dead chicken.

I love fan mail.

Head Lackey
    I beleive that Daniel Tosh would now comment on how funny it would be if you were raped by a dead chicken.

never again...

That was a fowl experience indeed.

Heisman

This happens when two yolks are dropped from the ovary at the same time. Because they are so close as they go through the oviduct, they are treated as one yolk and only one shell is made. Double-yolk eggs are usually produced by young chickens whose laying cycle has not yet been established, but some chickens are genetically more likely to lay them regularly. Sources we've found online differ considerably as to the odds, ranging from 0.1% to 5%.
    Two yolks, one egg

All Big 10
    They may not be fertilized, but eggs are "potential" life. 'course, so is everything we eat.

Head Lackey

or he would somehow make a connection with "2 yolk, 1 egg" to "2 girls, 1 cup"