Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 33 Votes

Travel Squad

33 Votes

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result -- well, allow me to introduce to you the House GOP. Today, they voted for the 33rd time to repeal the Affordable Care Act (2nd vote to repeal entirety of act). It will now go to the Senate where it will, once again, be voted down. If, by some crazy circumstance, the Senate confers its agreement it will be vetoed by the President and face zero chance of veto override.

Understanding this, why does Speaker Boehner and Whip Cantor insist on spending so much time in meaningless symbolism while refusing to act on any kind of jobs bill or stimulus?

484121_10100943986959594_455081867_n.jpg
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Administrator

33 Votes

Same reasons democrats do it.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

pray for me ;)
    Legalize gambling.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Understanding this, why does Speaker Boehner and Whip Cantor insist on spending so much time in meaningless symbolism while refusing to act on any kind of jobs bill or stimulus?
    Because it's election season and for either house of Congress to do anything other than grandstand for political points just won't do.

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Huskermedic View Post
    Same reasons democrats do it.
    Come on. That old "both sides do it" argument does not apply here. The Dems have never, ever wasted the people's time and money on a single issue the way the Pubs have on this one.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Come on. That old "both sides do it" argument does not apply here. The Dems have never, ever wasted the people's time and money on a single issue the way the Pubs have on this one.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result -- well, allow me to introduce to you the House GOP. Today, they voted for the 33rd time to repeal the Affordable Care Act (2nd vote to repeal entirety of act). It will now go to the Senate where it will, once again, be voted down. If, by some crazy circumstance, the Senate confers its agreement it will be vetoed by the President and face zero chance of veto override.

484121_10100943986959594_455081867_n.jpg
    It might be the "Princess Bride" is a favorite among current pub leaders.

Travel Squad
    It's passed all three branches of our govt but yet the pubs still do this ad nauseum.

This is a good example of why the pubs are a party that lost it's way and is the walk the dinosaur party.

BOOM BOOM ACKALACKALACKA BOOM

If they were smart they'd get w/ the times on some key issues. Healthcare one and more obviously immigration. A smart Pub party would go strong after the hispanic demo and cut lose the stone age Sheriff Joe type pubs. They really could have luck w/ Hispanics. Many are conservative by nature w/ the Catholic stuff as their background.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    It might be the "Princess Bride" is a favorite among current pub leaders.
    No, that can't be it...otherwise, they'd never have fallen victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia."

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Blackshirt

Prove me wrong.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Prove me wrong.
    Solyndra
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Husker Immortal
    Prove me wrong.
    Talk about a complete waste of time.

Husker Fan

Talk about a complete waste of time.
    name one act/bill that the democrats brought to a vote 30+ times?

Prove me wrong.
    Filibuster
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)